SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me. :(

Is there any way to stop this?

card02.jpg

DucatiJoe1

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, just wanted to post a solution to the problem. All of you with this phone, that use an external SD card, are getting an annoying notification that says, "SD card For transferring photos and media," and it doesnt seem to go away. If this message appears over and over again in your status bar, the only known way to get rid of it was to previously just keep "clearing" it out or remove the SD card completely.

If you are receiving a notification "SD card For transferring photos and media" on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and you cannot get the notification to go away, please try to do the following:

1. BACKUP your sd card - plug your phone into your computer and copy off the contents of the SD card
2. On the phone, navigate to: Settings >> Memory >> SD Card
3. In the submenu, choose FORMAT

All of the data on the memory card will be formatted to the correct file system and the memor card will be reconnected to the phone for proper use. The message, "SD card For transferring photos and media" should no longer appear.

Hopefully this helped you out! Thanks!

Blacklance

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It's gone from bad to worse for me!

Not only does mine give SD card notification, it also says that the phone had to restart so it lags hard and I cant use fingerprint security.

I don't actually see any real evidence of a restart other than the SD card message and the fact that I have to use my standard unlock again. And it happens almost as frequently as each time I wake it up to use!

I have tried the format SD card on TWO different cards now and no go!

Anyone? Factory restart or take it back to Verizon? Arrgg!

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just swip the message away.. Dont want to **** the new phone off anymore then I have too.. haha

its doing it on my new evo+ sd, but works like normal

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I can not get my SD card to format. I go into settings, storage, tap SD card, and then tap Format. Nothing happens. I can unmount and mount with no issues, but can not format.

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Any shot it is due to the crappy tray. It might just be moving and it keeps popping in and out making it appear as if a new card is being inserted.

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure what it is anymore. I'm using Samsung pro plus 128gb sd card. I exchanged it thinking it was card but still doing the same thing. I decided to exchange the phone at T-Mobile thinking I had a defective phone but it's still doing the same thing. I formatted the card through pc and in phone and that didn't work. I'm not sure what else to do. Hope someone finds a solution.

happy2000hk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with a 32GB samsung evo pro plus micro sd card. the message comes randomly, sometimes every 10 minutes, sometimes every 2 hours. I don't think it's ejecting the card though because if you take out the sim card tray while the phone is on, it'll say it unmounted unexpectedly. I don't get that except for the notification haunting me, teasing me.

I actually had no issue with my first S7 edge and used this same micro sd card. but I returned the S7 edge to get the BOGO deal, and one of the two S7 edge has an issue. Interesting, my other S7 edge from the deal has no issue so I don't know why. The card slots look the same. I'm thinking if I should factory reset? Would be a pain though. And since someone has already returned and exchanged at t-mobile, I don't know if I want to do that because that's just a hassle and who knows, maybe the replacement one will have a worse issue than this common bug across a lot of S7 users.

Byron Hinson1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Only ever happened for me on a reboot as it's supposed to. Did you format your SD card the first time you added it to the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

happy2000hk

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
yep formatted everytime I put it in a new phone. so I'm out of ideas now. The people that don't have this issue don't understand how annoying this is, and I think everyone that has this issues has ran out of ideas. Even if you think the problem is gone, watch, it'll come back 24 hours later!

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The only time I have the message pop up is when I reboot the phone. However, unable to format, yet I can add and delete files, mount and unmount. Perhaps the issue is occurring because people are formatting the card when installed.

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I didn't format mine at first install and had this issue. Then I decided to format through pc and that didn't fix the problem then formatted through phone and that didn't work either. Today from about 11:15 to 4:45pm the notification was gone but I noticed that one of my apps that I had in my sd card was missing from my home screen and decided to go through my apps and move it back. Well as soon as I did that I started to get the notification again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance