Google Play Music...

connorloftus

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just recently made the switch from iOS and Microsoft to Android by getting the new samsung galaxy s7 edge. Ive almost fully converted into the google ecosystem apart from the music situation. I still use itunes on my computer just for editing info and playing songs on my computer. I have looked into Google Play Music and it sounds great, but just wondering if i edit song info in my itunes library will this show in the Google Music Play library? Or would i have to do edit the song in both libraries?

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never used iTunes, but I'm assuming they alter the MP3 ID3 tag like any other software would for artist, track, album, etc., info which should copy over to G-Music.

I usually manually enter information for my MP3s as auto-tagging in the software I've tried (it's been about 10 years since I last used auto software) doesn't always work with a lot of the albums I've ripped, and even though I manually entered the info, sometimes G-Music still messes around and I have to re-fiddle with the info in the web interface to get things right (for me).

So, as long as iTunes tags correctly, Google Music should use that info. If you're a stickler for information, you might need to update a few things here and there, but it's fairly easy in the web interface.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I use a MacBook Pro / itunes and just transferred from an iPhone 6s to Samsung s7edge and decided to use isyncr to sync my iTunes music / play lists and it seemed to sync via WiFi fine by accessing the music thru the Google play App. I plan to continue buying my music, movies and TV shows from iTunes and I want to be able to enjoy them on my mac, iPad and Samsung s7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Have a look at mediamonkey, the desktop version blows iTunes out of the water and they do an android version which makes it easy to manage your music across both devices.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes and today after movie my music to my SD card (it takes up about 7 gb so I wanted to ease the storage on my device), none of the playlists are to be found anywhere if Im playing on my car (via USB) which was never a problem with my iPhone 6s, However, the playlists appear on my ph and will actually play only thru my phone (i dont have the bluetooth problem for phone like some people have). The only time my playlists worked was when I originally transferred my music directly from my iPhone 6s and it automatically loaded on the device storage. Its a real headache as I drive 40,000 kms a year and rely on my music in my car to get me thru. Extremely frustrating

i take it you are syncing them onto an sd card and not the google cloud storage?

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to take a look for media monkey assuming this will allow me to sync my iTunes library on my macbook pro with my S7 Edge somehow..

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Ive also tried Samsung Kies & then Smart Switch (this one worked to load all the songs and playlists on my device) and they would play in google play. I should've tried it in my car and I made a mistake by moving the music (not the playlists yet) to my sd card and the music seemed to be able to play on Google Play, but the play lists immediately disappeared. I tried playing the play lists and the music on the isync / Rocket Player and all the music and playlists were playable on the ph only (not my BMW) after the playlists became unavailable because I moved them to the sd card from the device storage. Its really unreal

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to take a look for media monkey assuming this will allow me to sync my iTunes library on my macbook pro with my S7 Edge somehow..
I don't think mediamonkey runs under macs, I thought you was using iTunes under Windows. My bad.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
and now, several hours later. Ive embarked on downloading Google Play music and Music Manager on my mac. it froze at song 63/771 and googled for a solution. I removed very carefully all of the Google Play and Manager files and temp music files. Restarted my mac and downloaded the programs again. On 2nd try, it froze after song 63 again. Amazing. Doesn't look like this is going to help me get my iTunes playlists on my Samsung S7 edge either. Seems like theres only you and I that converted from iOS to Samsung s7edge with the same problem.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I've also tried Samsung Kies which directed me to Smart Switch. All this offers is to restore my Samsung with my last iPhone back up and no option to load my current iTunes library. Not sure how helpful this would be a month from now when I would like to load all of the new tunes Ive bought in iTunes since I backed up my old iPhone that I backed up and now sold. Crazy how different this is. it be cheaper for me to buy all 700 + songs all over again in Google than all this time and labour searching for solutions. I still dont know whether the music would actually play on my car via USB which is where i am most of the time when I'm listening to music.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get Smart Switch to work on my iMac properly. I would connect the phone, and it would begin to charge. The program sat there doing nothing and it was never found. A week ago I uploaded all 3000 songs from my iTunes library via google play music. That worked perfectly. Guess my only solution to get the music on my phone is via wifi from google play music. I have downloaded a few playlists already.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I wish I could get my Google play music to upload my itunes library. It just keeps freezing and won't finish the upload and I have reinstalled the problem already.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering how long proportionate to the songs is it taking people to load? I have high speed Internet. Would it be 100 songs an hr or ~500 songs?

If the program freezes or hangs for a couple hours would u start over or what would u guys do?

connorloftus

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
What did you guys end up doing in the end, ive ended up just using my old iphone as an ipod for the time being. The fact there are so many options makes it even harder but i like having the choice

connorloftus

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
im torn between just using Google Play Music and having to edit songs in both libraries, or trying out mediamonkey as that looks to be an itunes experience on android, being able to edit the library and playlists on desktop and syncing to and from the phone