Is the S7 edge screen easily scratched?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am almost to get the S7 edge but after I saw a lot of review on YouTube and been told that the screen get scratch very easy... So Do u have any problem with the screen get scratch? Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is the S7 edge screen easily scratch?

I don't think it will. I mean I don't put my phone in with my keys or anything but I don't see why it would scratch more than any other phone.

Eaggiepop

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

YES!!

I got the S7 pre-ordered. I upgraded from the S4 (never had any scratches or anything, not from a lack of abuse either). Anyways, I got the S7 on the 8th and it has a big scratch on the screen from only being in my pocket with a bank card. My guess is there was some debris in my pocket and got between the two and got in the perfect position making one deep scratch I can feel with my bare finger. This sucks because I have been waiting on a screen protector to show up and now when I get it there's going to be a big air bubble and make the scratch even more noticeable. The phone is awesome but definitely screen protectors are going to be your best friend.

Apparently, to make Gorilla Glass 4 more shatterproof than Gorilla Glass 3 they had to sacrifice some of the scratch resistance. Poor trade off in my opinion. My S4 never had any scratches in 3 years and I dropped that thing I don't know how many times.

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Apparently, to make Gorilla Glass 4 more shatterproof than Gorilla Glass 3 they had to sacrifice some of the scratch resistance. Poor trade off in my opinion. My S4 never had any scratches in 3 years and I dropped that thing I don't know how many times.
Do you recall where you read or heard this?

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I have a small scratch on mine already - - haven't had a scratched screen in many phones

Eaggiepop

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Someone in one of the other forums had some article about it. Dunno if it was a reputable source but after scratching my screen with pocket dust I kind of believe it.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Yes! One week one scratch on the black strip between front camera and the G of Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

ivdlz

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Within a week my new silver S7 has a huge scratch on the back and it has never felt or hit. all I think I might have done is move it in the edge of a swimming pool, but it broke badly. I really don't reccomend going naked on this terminal...

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
It is easily scratched. I almost never scratch my phones (dedicated pocket, etc.) and the last phone that scratched this easily was the Nexus 4. Irritating but what can you do..

kami8586

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Dropped mine on a wood kitchen table at a the right angle and BAM scratch on the top left running into the screen and one larger on the left side. Sucks :(

S7 Edge Titantium

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just like any other glass thing out there it can be scratched by the right stuff. One of those bad things is everywhere and is called sand. The problem is it only has to be exposed once to those things to have a scratch. If you actually use your phone it probably will be. So take a little precaution and put a SP and case on it.

I don't know we're the guy above heard that Gorilla Glass 4 is shatterproof, but that is far from true as well.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, as suggested above something as small as sand can scratch the screen. And its too easy for someone to have a grain of sand or rock in a pocket than not.

Also, Gorilla Glass 4 is damage resistance, and there are no such guarantees against damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca