Any one regret their choice of S7 edge over the standard S7

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So I posted this same question in the S7 forum, would love your feedback.

Hi all,

So as the title suggests, any one regret their choice or considering a swap the larger of the family?

I am personally on the fence, I have been using a note 5 and a 6S Plus for the last few months and swore I wanted a smaller phone this go round but as I always do, I went to best buy today on the way home and held my phone next to the edge and it's not that much bigger, for me I could care less about edge functionality, it's all about battery.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The fact I absolutely have to use a case to protect the phone from getting thrown across the room is a meh. I honestly would've gotten the S7 if it wasn't for the 3600mAh battery in the Edge model.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I like the bigger screen, I like the bigger battery, and I think the Edge just looks cooler than the regular. No regrets.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have both and am glad I have both. They are both perfect.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No regrets on the Edge yet. Love the chrome finish. Love the clean screen after utilizing the apps edge. Love the gigantic battery. Took it off the charger at 9 this morning and it's now a quarter to 4 and I've been using it heavily and I'm at 77%.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted a smaller device this time and I have been sitting here with both in hand tormented on which one to keep.

I have been rocking 5.5 and up screens for a few years now I just figured it was time for a change. A few things I like about the S7 is the one handed use and the screen has better color, it's slightly deeper than the edge, it's noticeable in dark solid areas.

Edge functionality is again Meh and the curves look pretty but don't add much, I will even say that the standard S7 is also more comfortable to hold.

With that said, the edge manages to fit a 5.5" display and 600 more mah into a package that is nearly an wide and just 1/4th inch taller, that's impressive.

These are the two driving factors for me on the edge. I can say the S7 was lasting through the day easily but I have a phobia from Android devices and constantly stare at my battery, I never ever even think about it on iOS so that is also another proforma the edge, less stress over battery usage haha.

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
No-RAgrets-Tattoo-BIG.jpg

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
One regret. Screen protectors or the lack of a good one for the edge. Concerned of the screen getting scratched. Second, I cannot get the Samsung insurance because I have Verizon as the Carrier, and that in itself is not a reason for wanting the S7 or the Edge, but getting the phone from Verizon in the first place.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
The only thing that sucks are the case selection and no glass screen protrcroes... Oh well love the phone. It just means I have to use a regular screen protector and slim pickings for cases. No biggue.

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
See my thread about the bodyguardz HD curved protector, it's not glass but it's pretty great and protects from scratches.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Didn't plan on getting either but my son wanted to get one so I went ahead and did the buy one get one free at T Mobile. No regrets at all. If the regular S7 would have had the large battery I might have gone for it but this phone truly is a beast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88