Peel Smart Remote

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Peel is not working with my s7edge. I cleared cache, data did force stop. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no luck. worked great with my note 3 on same TV's and cable boxes. Anyone else having issues? Any alternative app suggestions if I can't get it to work?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
OH, that is probably my issue since quite a few phones have come out since my note 3. Are there any other remote app to suggest or will none of them work without IR blaster.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
OH, that is probably my issue since quite a few phones have come out since my note 3. Are there any other remote app to suggest or will none of them work without IR blaster.

S7 Edge does not have an ir blaster so none of them will work.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think Logitech has a way for you to use your phone with the Logitech Harmony hub and control allot of ir devices. You may want to look at that.

Posted via the Android Central App

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Harmony hub does work with a 100-200$ price tag, but why are we losing features in our new devices? "Refinement" sucks.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I can control my time warner box with their app but I can't control the samsung tv that is the same make as my phone...kind stinks.

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I can control my time warner box with their app but I can't control the samsung tv that is the same make as my phone...kind stinks.

Is your Samsung TV a smart TV? If so you may be able to download an app and control your TV if you are connected to the same wifi network

Posted via the Android Central App

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung said they did away with the IR blaster.
Things are coming out for the future Smart TV's and the way things are done in the future.
Don't have a clue who makes these decisions for them. But they need to be let go.
People can't buy TV and go into the future as fast as the Phone people want them to go.

And even if it controlled the TV ,say by bluetooth. What about the Satellite Box ?

Chillout Maestro

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
WOW, is this a f-n joke? Why in the hell would they remove the IR blaster? So I have Samsung pushing the Peel remote on my new phone but I can't even use it, what a joke rofl. Way to drop the ball Samsung, there was literally no reason to do this.

Cooggirl

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
WOW, is this a f-n joke? Why in the hell would they remove the IR blaster? So I have Samsung pushing the Peel remote on my new phone but I can't even use it, what a joke rofl. Way to drop the ball Samsung, there was literally no reason to do this.

I am totally with you! Loved this app on my s5..s7 why have the app available..stupid

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Try AnyMote in the app store. There is a free version that you can try and a paid version with more function.

It may work via wifi with your Samsung TV.