Menu Button?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
On my note 3 the button on the bottom left would bring up a menu for apps that I was in, kind of like the 3 little dots do on some apps. Is this still available on the phone somewhere? I can't get to settings in some of my apps because of this. I know some apps may need updating for the new phones, but I was still curious.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Long press the app manager button(square), that's what brings up the menu on most new Samsung phones. I don't have an edge but I assume it's stayed the same.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope not the same. The left most button brings up app manager now and long press of that button offers split screen function.
long press on home is google now option. long press on back =nothing unless you are using a launcher.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Steve Tu

May 28, 2016
Visit site
It has moved to the return button...HOLD down the bottom right soft key and it will open the menu.

Unfortunately the apps I'm having trouble with already use the return button for their own functionality. So it just reads a long return as many short returns. Any option to remap the menu function elsewhere?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't the app have a button on screen that looks like 3 parallel horizontal lines? That's where the menu button is supposed to be if the developer followed Android protocol properly. The menu button found on the Note 3 was actually phased out by Android like 4 years ago. Samsung just was stubborn that year but eventually relented on the S5 and Note 4.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the apps I'm having trouble with already use the return button for their own functionality. So it just reads a long return as many short returns. Any option to remap the menu function elsewhere?
You can use the menu button in the overflow menu for those directions are in the sticky FAQ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz