Duplicate Contacts. Please help!

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

I spent few hours last night on this issue. Everytime I transfer my contacts from either iPhone, LG G4 or Google contacts to Samsung S7 Edge. I get duplicates contacts. I can't seem to figure out way?

Anyone else have this issue too? How do I fix it?

Thank you,
Jamie

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

I spent few hours last night on this issue. Everytime I transfer my contacts from either iPhone, LG G4 or Google contacts to Samsung S7 Edge. I get duplicates contacts. I can't seem to figure out way?

Anyone else have this issue too? How do I fix it?

Thank you,
Jamie

Go into your contacts app. Top right and select more. Select settings. Select contacts to display. Pick the one that suits you.

Posted via the Android Central App

ZMc1834

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I only have this issue while inside the Verizon Message+ app. It shows my contact's number 4 times. When I look inside the actual contacts app, I only see one.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
On mine, the first "set" on contacts were not contacts but just placeholders showing "new" contacts. Listed after them were the actual contacts. Touching the first set makes them go away because they are no longer "new". Haven't found a way to clear them all at once so I'm just ignoring them for now. This is using Google contacts and my Gmail account. YMMV for other accounts.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Before I switched from my S5 I had the problem of multiple duplicate contacts , what I did was move all the contacts to my google account, then when I signed into my google mail via a web browser and selected contacts, it has a setting to merge all duplicates. I was amazed how many different sources I had linked together over the years.

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
On mine, the first "set" on contacts were not contacts but just placeholders showing "new" contacts. Listed after them were the actual contacts. Touching the first set makes them go away because they are no longer "new". Haven't found a way to clear them all at once so I'm just ignoring them for now. This is using Google contacts and my Gmail account. YMMV for other accounts.

Thank you!!!:)

pcfiremedic

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There is also the option in your online google contacts account to delete any multiples of the same contact instead of merging them. If you merge contacts that all have the same contact number, it will show all of those numbers repetitively in the contact.