I messed everything up!

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Love this dang phone. Love the SD, had it all set up and was about to go for a run when I accidently tapped eject on my sd card when I just wanted to see the storage. I waited for it to finish "ejecting" and turned the phone off, pulled sd card slide out, put back in and says sd card is corrupt. Take out again, checked on laptop, everything is there and pretty. Put back in phone. I don't get a corrupt message, and I'm happy for a second. But, through "files" I can see everything on my card, but can't see any off the apps or music in the music app or photos through the photo app. Settings/storage shows minimul storage. They're there, the phone SEES it, it just ain't using it. So I research and google and decide to try to do a hard reset before formatting and starting from freaking scratch. That's the first thing I need help on, why the hell is it doing this! Eject shouldn't have screwed things up.

NOW I've held the power and down volume simultaneously for almost 2 minutes and nothing happens...google app comes up and my volume goes down but WTF am I doing wrong? I've pressed at the same time, I pressed one a little faster than the other...time for a mimosa.

PS I'm an *****! I was pressing the home key and the down volume, not the power LOL...waiting to see if anything changes.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you holding down the home button and volume down instead of the Power button and volume down? I'm basing this on you saying Google app comes up.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, did the hard restart, only lost two widgets, which I can deal with (weird though, I wonder if that has anything to do with having these apps on my SD card?) And had to replace some apps on my panel (that were also on the sd card) so I'm happy. If the admin wants to remove it I'm aright with that. Or leave it so if someone else is doing same dumb thing...

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Love this dang phone. Love the SD, had it all set up and was about to go for a run when I accidently tapped eject on my sd card when I just wanted to see the storage. I waited for it to finish "ejecting" and turned the phone off, pulled sd card slide out, put back in and says sd card is corrupt. Take out again, checked on laptop, everything is there and pretty. Put back in phone. I don't get a corrupt message, and I'm happy for a second. But, through "files" I can see everything on my card, but can't see any off the apps or music in the music app or photos through the photo app. Settings/storage shows minimul storage. They're there, the phone SEES it, it just ain't using it. So I research and google and decide to try to do a hard reset before formatting and starting from freaking scratch. That's the first thing I need help on, why the hell is it doing this! Eject shouldn't have screwed things up.

NOW I've held the power and down volume simultaneously for almost 2 minutes and nothing happens...google app comes up and my volume goes down but WTF am I doing wrong? I've pressed at the same time, I pressed one a little faster than the other...time for a mimosa.

PS I'm an *****! I was pressing the home key and the down volume, not the power LOL...waiting to see if anything changes.

Oooooo ouch! That seriously sucks! Did you format the card after putting it in the phone when it was new? I just ejected my SD card and can confirm it didn't populate apps on SD card until I did restarted the phone. Afterward, the apps came back but it took about 5 minutes to index all the pictures and music on the phone and show again.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Oooooo ouch! That seriously sucks! Did you format the card after putting it in the phone when it was new? I just ejected my SD card and can confirm it didn't populate apps on SD card until I did restarted the phone. Afterward, the apps came back but it took about 5 minutes to index all the pictures and music on the phone and show again.

Yes! I just had to wait a few minutes, everything came back. I was just being so impatient. AND I just learned that I do NOT get widgets when I move apps to the sd card. Moving apps to the SD card is new to me, I'll move the ones back to device that I need, but how awesome is this!!!

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I just had to wait a few minutes, everything came back. I was just being so impatient. AND I just learned that I do NOT get widgets when I move apps to the sd card. Moving apps to the SD card is new to me, I'll move the ones back to device that I need, but how awesome is this!!!

Haha glad you waited instead of jumping head first into a factory reset!