How To Use SD Card To Store Anything More Than Photos

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this is a very basic question, but I've never used an SD card in a phone before. So I mounted a Samsung 32GB SD card in the phone and it seems to default to this for any future photos I'll be taking. I clicked OK so, so far so good. Photos taken care of. But now I have no idea how to move music or apps over to this SD card.

Can someone please provide a very detailed step-by-step guide re: exactly how I would go about moving other media over to the SD card? I'm using Nova and I went into the app drawer and I can see no way to move an app anywhere. Similarly I went into application manager and I can't see any action that allows me to move an app from internal storage to the SD card. Obviously I'm missing something. Help!

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I found my own answer. I love Google!!!

So for any of you with a similar question I'll share what I found.

How to move apps to the microSD card on your Galaxy S7, S7 Edge - CNET

With a microSD card installed, launch the Settings app.
Find and select Storage from the list of options.
Tap on Internal storage.
Select Apps.
Locate the app you'd like to move, and tap on it.
Under the "Storage Used" section, tap on the Change button and select SD Card.

On the next screen, select Next and let the phone complete the move.

With the transfer complete, the app will run and act normally. Should you remove the microSD card from your device, the app's icon will be replaced with an icon indicating it is stored on an SD card. You will be unable to use the app until you place the microSD card back into the device.

If after moving an app to the SD card you experience performance issues, you can move the app back to your phone's internal storage by following the same directions outlined above, and select "Internal storage."

GT004

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
To put music or videos on your phone. Connect your phone to a laptop/ pc via USB and copy your files over.

That's it. Android will locate media on your phone automagically.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
A somewhat related question. Once I'm done moving apps and data over to my SD card how can I get the phone to display what's on the SD card later on? When I go into settings -> storage->SD card all it allows me to do is format or unmount the card. I would like to see what the card is holding. Is there a way to see that on the phone?

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
When I click on Internal Storage I don't have an Apps option. There's other options. Is it under Used Space? When I go in there and get to Apps I have tried many and there seems to be a variety of options, but none lead to an option to select a storage destination.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463