[SOLVED] Why won't my folders update from drawer to homescreen?

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this is related to 6.0 or the S7 edge. Lets say i have a folder in my app drawer with some apps, if i take that folder to my home page the apps within wont update. What i mean is that if i drop another app in this folder within my app drawer, the folder in the home screen wont have the same apps. Is this normal, maybe i shouldn't have one folder inside and another out.

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Folders wont update from drawer to homescren

Welcome back! I'm guessing that's normal behavior. By moving the folder, you're only creating app shortcuts for those particular apps. Adding new apps to the folder in the App Drawer won't be reflected on the homescreen.

yomny Martinez

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Re: Folders wont update from drawer to homescren

Just what i was thinking, i guess there's also no point in having two folders with the same apps. Thanks. :)

Question. I've been trying to mark this(thread) solved or best answer but can't find out how. I went to the Q&A section and now im in the thread version but cant seem to figure it out.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think if you started the thread, you can edit the title. I use the Administrative dropdown menu, but that might be due to my Ambassador/Moderator privileges. I'll edit the thread, but in general, it's not necessary to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax