No internet connection problems with streaming apps like Pandora, YouTube and Sirius.

Chrispcb30

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So I'm having some issues with Pandora where one song plays and then it goes into loading and the next song doesn't play. Same for Sirius radio it losing connection and doesn't start again, and my YouTube is slow and I keep getting no internet connection pop ups. I had the galaxy note 4 and never had these issues. Any ideas on what it could be? Phone is awesome and I don't want this to be a downfall.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone still experiencing this issue? it seems like ever since Pandora updated their app i've began having isuess. I have an S7 non edge, and I can't load any songs when on mobile network, I see songs change but they never load. For me this just started happening this week.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I still have the issue with iHeart Radio, but do not have it with Sirius. I suspect it has something to do with power saving, because the only time it happens on iHeart is when I am unplugged from a power source.

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. Go to battery->battery usage->more->optimize battery usage. Click all apps in the drop down. Go through the list and shut off optimization for the specific apps (ie Pandora, Sirius, YouTube). Should cure the issue.

I really didn't figure it out all on my own. Had an issue with email not syncing and this was the fix that worked from another user. Just remembered that and tried it for this issue and it seems to have resolved the issue I was seeing with iHeartRadio.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Optimization wasn't turned on in any of my apps.are you saying it helped to turn them on for all then turn off the apps that are giving trouble?

racingvike

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
No, mine were turned on because I was on power saving. I assume if none were on for you it's because you don't have power saving on? Good distinction to make!

ekuD_88

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. Go to battery->battery usage->more->optimize battery usage. Click all apps in the drop down. Go through the list and shut off optimization for the specific apps (ie Pandora, Sirius, YouTube). Should cure the issue.

I really didn't figure it out all on my own. Had an issue with email not syncing and this was the fix that worked from another user. Just remembered that and tried it for this issue and it seems to have resolved the issue I was seeing with iHeartRadio.

Thanks racingvike! This fixed the issue with the internet connection. Was bumming out because I can't live without my music but you saved the day!

ericviolette

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Easy fix.....I had the same issues until I did this. Goto settings, mobile networks, network mode, if you're in LTG/3G/2G auto connect, change connection to 3G/2G auto connect. Wait until your phone changes connections. About a minute later, change back to 4G LTD by selecting LTG/3G/2G. it will now work normally. Ensure pandora is closed while changing settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol