Enabling video chat on S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

Enabling video chat on s7 edge

Hi i have only just upgraded to the Samsung S7 Edge and i am loving it but i was just wondering how do i enable video chat so my 3yr old daughter can video chat with her dad please.

Thanks Tammy

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Enabling video chat on s7 edge

I usually use Skype for video chats. Which app are you using?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

You can use Google Hangouts. Or, I don't know if it's just ATT, but when I pull up a contact who can video chat, the video chat icon lights up along with the phone icon on the dial pad.

k7X691-1173.png

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I think if you have the ATT Video icon it will only work with others on ATT. I just tried with someone with an S7 on Verizon and it reverted to a voice call.

ProMed

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I was able to video chat during a call with a buddy. We're both on vzw & have the S7E. Video was good quality.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont know why they installed it.. its crazy.. you need to have the same devices and same carrier?? Why didn't google implement something like this on the OS.. Maybe its all goes back to the carriers not wanting the traffic.. just seems sad apples had facetime for a while now. ahhhh

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I use tango with my dad cuz he has an iPhone and I can't FaceTime I like it

Posted via the Android Central App

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I dont know why they installed it.. its crazy.. you need to have the same devices and same carrier?? Why didn't google implement something like this on the OS.. Maybe its all goes back to the carriers not wanting the traffic.. just seems sad apples had facetime for a while now. ahhhh

You can use Google Hangouts to chat with anyone on any device and any carrier. The video call button is (I'm guessing) using technology from the carriers which is why you have to be on the same carrier - not the same phone though, just a video chat capable phone on the same carrier.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
viper is another one my wife uses. it does chat and video. I guess its a popular one many Asian people use.

I just think it should have been pushed and implemented by google as part of the OS. I was trying to find out about advance messaging by att and found out the s7 doesnt have it.. yet att promotes it all over.. but only a few phone do it.. its just silly. now I can take animated gifs at 3mb but cant message them to people.. its just a waste and frustrating.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I just think it should have been pushed and implemented by google as part of the OS...

It's there, it's Google Hangouts. That is Google's video chat service. You can use it on your phone, your PC or your tablet. And it's better than Facetime, since there's an Apple app for it, you can use it to chat across iOS and Android.