S7 Ede: SD Card Unexpectedly removed = Phone doesn't see the card

Glalo

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
This was happening to me with all my sd cards (2 Evo + 128gb, 1 sandisk ultra plus 64gb) and tried all the methods above but no one worked. What did work was clearing all the data and cache from spotify and changing the storing location to the phone instead the sd card, now my s7 is working perfectly (2 days now)

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my new S7. I have no more SD card notifications at all. Not even when I reboot the phone. Yesterday (again) I was listening to music (a set of 2 hours long) from my SD card. I started to look at pictures (again) at the same time. After 40 mins or so, my phone stopped the music and stopped being able to read my SD. Everything froze and I had to reboot. Then, again, a few mins later (listening to music and looking at pictures), it did it again. On the second time, I was not able to reboot the phone using the power button (keeping pressure for 10 seconds). I had to do it using the volume down/home/power. The phone screen was totally black and there was no way to unfreeze it. My notification light was flashing blue (as I had new emails and text), but the phone was not responsive at all.

It seems like Samsung just removed the SD notification as a whole in the new phone but did not fix the issue.

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.

I strongly believe that ALL phones have this issue, but that those who don't just have not access pictures while listening to music (demanding on the SD card reading). Do it if you can... and see if it creates problems. And let me know once you did the above. Thanks.

I want to add that I am a computer/smartphone savy. I flashed ROMS on all my S1, S2, S3, S4. I also did thought it could have been my micro SD the problem (even if it works perfectly with my S5) so I went and bought a Samsung evo 64gb... Same issue. I reformatted both from PC and within the phone and factory reset (on more than 8 occasions). Same issue with all. My S5 doesn't have any issues with both SD. So no it is not the SD the cupid.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
SOLUTION: This happened to me today. I have a Samsung 128 GB SD card installed in my Galaxy S7 Edge Verizon. I rebooted the phone today and when i did so, the SC card was not accessible and the apps I had moved to the SD card were "not installed". I saw this solution on another forum and it worked for me: Download the app "package disabler pro" and disable com.samsung.faceservice.

Has anyone else tried disabling this service? Did it work?

Posted via the Android Central App

Old_Professor

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have had a similar problem. My phone was running hot and discharged the battery a few days ago. Now the SD card is not detected. I tried reseating the card and cleaning the contacts, but that's all. I don't have a microSD adapter, which I would need to insert it in my laptop to test it there. Do you think that the phone destroyed the card? Is there any danger of the phone destroying itself if there's no SD card?

It was an older Micro Center card that I moved from my previous DROID 4. I don't need the storage now, so I'll not replace it.

surfnmassage

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I bought a 128 gig sd card and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden today my s7 edge is not reading it anymore. When I go to storage I can't even see it listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

iillli

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I bought a 128 gig sd card and it worked fine for 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden today my s7 edge is not reading it anymore. When I go to storage I can't even see it listed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

exactly happened with me ,,

plz if you find solution share it with us

RollEastwood

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I read that you need a better SD card. A high speed one even faster MB/S than a class 10. Somewhere between 80 and whatever the next higher rate is. I know with the S7 edge we're trying to get the most memory from the SD card for as cheap as possible but you gotta spend a lil more on the high speed one for a phone like this. I'm not a tech wiz but an article I read stated that even class 10 isn't the greatest for this phone. With the faster processor and the phones becoming more powerful, the old SD cards can't keep up. Pretty much obsolete. Try a better SD card and see what ya get. I have a 64 gig San disc ultra plus micro sdxc UHS-I... 80 MB/S and have had no issues to date. Didn't have to format or anything. If I can find that article again, I'll post.

No way I have a newer faster sd card..it's a 200 gig and came with my V10 when I got my Galaxy s7 active a couple weeks ago and the S7 took the card without formatting or dumping the memory..just swapped it right over..I ejected the card last night and now this morning the galaxy S7 active won't read the card . I have moved the sd card back to my V10, the stylus 2, and my pc no problems no corrupt files or the memory tables plus there is still plenty of continuity..in thinking just as I assumed Galaxy sucks

CoJoPosh

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I had no issues for a few months then the card stopped working, saying ti was corrupt. I got a new card and it the old one the computer was able to retrieve everything from. The new disk was in for less than 24 hours and now is corrupt. I'm so frustrated. I never had any issues with my S3. The cards I'm using are high speed, I believe they are 85 MB/s. Do I need to do a hard reset? What will that do to everything on my phone? Do I need to take it into somewhere?

JMDxRIM

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just had my S7 eat my third SD card and I'm not happy...... I've been in the IT service industry for 20 years so I do extensive troubleshooting before conclusion. I got my phone in the beginning of April and I started with a 32G Patriot card that I had been using in my previous phone (Blackberry). When space on the 32Gb started to become an issue I upgraded to a 128Gb Lexar 633x. That card stopped working within 30 days of use - Phone nor windows PC would recognize the card.. Thinking it was a faulty , cheap, low reliability card, I returned it to amazon and read reviews on many other 128GB cards. I settled on the Patriot Memory 128GB LX series card. That card worked for about 45 days before it stopped being recognized by the phone and having read errors in a PC. I contacted Patriot, asked for an RMA and returned the card. (That was last week). I returned to using the original 32GB card, and that completely died on me sometime over the last 2 days.

I have dropped my phone on occasion, but i have a Gear4 case on it, the phone is still perfect but maybe somehow it's ruining the SD?

I'll bring it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.... i'm not hopefull :s

FMDS_SILVA

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site

Hi, in my phone (galaxy s7 non edge) I solved (at the moment) the problem by removing the sd card, connecting it at the computer or other device that recognize the card and deleting the folder "android" and "lost.dir". After reinsert the micro sd card in the phone, it promptly recognized the SD (and all my photos!).

FMDS_SILVA

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
IMPORTANT: "Of course, if you has moved programs or data programs to SD card before the crash, by doing this procedure (deleting the folder "android") you will lost both (linked programs and/or linked data).You will may restore then from android backup OR, unless not deleting the folder "android", instead make a copy of this folder in the computer. After restablish the SD at the phone, copy the data (from the older folder) back at the new android folder that was created by the phone after it recognize the sd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34