"voice search" app missing in S7 Edge

resipsaloquitor

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded from S5 to S7 Edge. I cannot find the "voice search" app in the list of apps. I loved having the "voice search" app icon on my home screen. That way I could tap on the icon and ask it questions without having to say "Okay Google" and have it drain my battery because it was having to listen all day long for the words "Okay Google". I did a search for the "voice search" app in the apps and it came up in the search, but I can't seem to set it up on my home screen. Any ideas?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It's there, it's just hidden. If you search within the app drawer you can find it, but you can't long press it & drag it to a home screen. Kinda annoying. What I did was create a 1X1 zooper widget & place it on my home screen. It's transparent so I don't see it, but I know where it's at. I tap it & voice search pops up. Clean, & it works. Just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

Calden Parker

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Please please please explain the 1x1 zooper junk and why the heck is it not more like 2x1 or some other kinda nonsense?!?!

It's there, it's just hidden. If you search within the app drawer you can find it, but you can't long press it & drag it to a home screen. Kinda annoying. What I did was create a 1X1 zooper widget & place it on my home screen. It's transparent so I don't see it, but I know where it's at. I tap it & voice search pops up. Clean, & it works. Just a suggestion.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

L8rGat0r

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: "voice search" app missing in qndroid S7

After trying everything suggested, what worked for me at least in Nova Launcher:
-while using Nova Launcher as the desktop, hold empty space on desktop until Nova Launcher menu comes up.
-Then Widgets, and hold Activities to drop it onto the page.
-Click the down arrow next to Google, and choose RecordedVoiceSearchActivity with the microphone next to it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674