In real life, how often do you use the edge? Is it useful?

Is the Edge useful to you?

• Total voters

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So I know the edge has some features that are pretty sweet but now that you've had the phone, how often do you really use the edge for apps and Info?

I'm warming up to the idea of getting a S7 or S7 edge and this may help me decide.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually find it super useful. Coming from the V10, I got used to having the 2nd screen to have a shortcut for frequently used apps.

I use Edge shortcut to replicate that.

Posted via the Android Central App

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Funny, because I come from a note 5, and i kinda thought the edge thing was dumb. But I started using it, and the more I use it, the more I use it. I like that I can get a whole bunch of apps open with one hand.

NuMotiv

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get the edge for the gimmic on the side. I got it because its bigger and nicer in the hand. The people edge that lights up a color when its face down is neat though.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I like it. Cleans up the home screen real nice while still having access to my most used apps with a swipe of a finger.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Love it for quick access to my favorite contacts. Makes it quick and easy to unlock the phone, swipe the edge, and make a call.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have 9 different edge panels. I'm thinking that's too many but throughout the day I use all of them. I do like the scoreboard(needs college sports), tasks and people the most. I really hope there is more development.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use it a few times a day. If it had the same functionality as the Note Edge from last year, I think the phone would be absolute perfection.

In was you aren't aware, on the Note Edge, when you watch a video or play music, the audio/video controls are in the edge panel and app notifications appear there as well. When a phone call comes in, you answer it from the edge panel allowing you to remain in the app you were in. The caller ID info also shows in that panel when the call comes in and you hang up from that panel as well.

When you are viewing a panel on the Note Edge, it allows you to continue doing what you were doing on the main screen as well unlike the S7 Edge. On the S7 Edge as you know, when you are using panel, the rest of the screen is blurred out. What's the point in that?

I understand that they want the S7 Edge to be a completely different phone then the Note Edge but really, most of the stuff the "edge" panels do on the S7 Edge could be done without an edge panel... in my opinion.

I still like my S7 Edge and do not regret buying it.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I like it. I use it as extra folder as well and most used apps, tasks, calendar, and weather. Pretty regular use for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21