Video/Audio not synced when playing back on Snapchat

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
This just started happening today. When I record a video with the front-facing camera on Snapchat, it plays back with audio and video unsynced. This wasn't happening when I first bought the device.

Any ideas? This was a common problem in the S6. I read that Nu-Player was the culprit in that device, but there's no option to disable Nu-Player in Developer Options in the S7 Edge like there was in the S6.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: After exhaustive online searches, it turns out the culprit is "OK Google" being enabled from "any screen." I have to limit it to just the Google app to get Snapchat video and audio to sync properly. Sucks that I have to limit OK Google but I'm glad that fixed it.

There really needs to be a permanent fix to this though. I have OK Google enabled from any screen on my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium and it doesn't disrupt Snapchat video/audio.

justme_cj

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5. I just updated to Marshmallow 6.0 today. I've tried all the tricks suggested: disable Ok Google, disable Nu player, dump cache and do a fresh install...none of it worked.
Here's what did work: after you record your video swipe right to get the speedy audio filter and let it play for a couple seconds, then swipe back to the recording. It will sync the files.

FINALLY! Well, it would be better if the developers would fix the issue, but at least its not Godzilla-vision anymore!

Good luck!

chsjcs

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s6 Edge and my problem was stricting my snapchat videos being out of sync when recording with the front-facing camera. I could play other's stories fine with no lag. And the recorded videos through my phone's default video app were also in sync.

I tried to disable Nu-player but that wasn't an option when I went into the developer options. Other things I tried, all of which didn't work, were turning off Ok Google, turning on Power Saving, and clearing Snapchat cache. I also tried the last suggestion of using the speedy filter first and that didn't work for me either.

Then, finally, I read somewhere to turn off S Voice. And that did it! Hopefully this helps someone else :)

Massive Electric

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Same problem, but when rendering video

I've had the same problem, primarily when using my Snaps to create a montage video for YouTube. As soon as I would combine multiple Snaps in my editor and render it, the audio sync would go crazy. I'm trying all of the above ideas, hopefully something works, as I am relying heavily on Snapchat for content.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

ekrekeler

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
So I went through many of these solutions and I was unable to figure it out, until I realized that I had my audio playing through the Bluetooth in my car. So heads up to anyone with BT audio: audio is usually delayed when using wireless audio. Switch the audio to your device and it should be fine.

UdegbunamChuks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this. There seems to be a problem.with the last update of the Google app. Each time i uninstall updates, videos on Twitter Facebook and IG work fine but once i update the app, they go out of sync

nish

Dec 16, 2023
Visit site
Am having the same problem with my phone it is samsung ao3s the video and audio cannot sync when playing back on snachat . what do I do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34