Anybody Come from Moto Droid Turbo or Turbo 2? (or Moto X or Moto X Pure?)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody come from Moto Droid Turbo or Droid Turbo 2? Or Moto X or Moto X Pure?

If so, how about some comparisons. Pros/cons. I'm especially interested in battery life between the two devices and TouchWiz vs. nearly stock Android.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The turbo 2 kicked apps out of memory very frequently compared to my s7 edge.

Battery life for me is probably close... But the s7 edge seems better.

Camera is better on the S7.

I don't mind touchwiz as it is in the S7. But honestly I am not a stock Android guy.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Came from Turbo. Getting pretty much the same battery life so far, if not slightly better as I've had it for almost a week now.

I've done as much as possible to un-TouchWiz this thing though. Applied the Material Dark theme to get it to look normal, using Nova Prime as my launcher - makes me feel like I was using my Turbo in the first place. Have disabled a whole bunch of stuff with Package Disabler Pro. Here is a list of what I have disabled:

Access Cloud
AllShare FileShare Serivce
Amazon
Amazon Kindle
Amazon Music
ANT + DUT
ANT HAL Service
ANT Radio Service
ANT+ Plugins Service
Assistant Menu
Basic Daydreams
BBCAgent
BeaconManager
Bluetooth MIDI Service
Briefing
Briefing feed
Calendar
Caller Name ID
Camera test
CarmodeStub
ChocoEUKor
ClipboardSaveService
CLipboardUIService
Cloud
Color adjustment
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.android.sharedstoragebackup
com.android.wallpapercropper
com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub
com.sec.android.app.chromecustomizations
com.sec.android.app.minimode.res
com.sec.android.app.wfdbroker
Control TV
CoolEUKor
DeviceTest
Dictionary
Drive
Email
Foundation
Galaxy Apps
Galaxy Essentials Widget
Gear VR Service
Gear VR SetupWizardStub
Gear VR Shell
go90
Hancom Office 2014
Health Service
Help
Highlight Video Player
IMS Settings
Keis Application BnR
KNOX
KnoxAppsUpdateAgent
Live wallpaper picker
LLKAgent
Magnifier
MDMApp
Memo
Message+
My InfoZone
My interest
My Places
My Verizon MObile
Nearby devices
Nearby Service
NFL Mobile
Personal Data Management
Photo Screensavers
Photos
Private Mode Service
Quick Connect
RoseEUKor
S Finder
S Health
S Voice App
Safety Information
Samsung ApexService
Samsung Content Agent
Samsung Galaxy
Samsung Gear
Samsung Keyboard
Samsung Location SDK
SAmsung Milk Music
Samsung MirrorLink 1.1
Samsung Push Service
Samsung text-to-speech engine
SamsungDLPSerivce
SapaMOnitor
Screen MIrrioring
SecurityLogAgent
Settings Receiver
Slacker Radio
Smart Switch
Smart Switch Agent
Spanish Language Pack
Support & Protection
TalkBack
TouchWiz easy home
Verizon Location Agent
Verizon Login
Verizon Store Demo Mode
Virtual Tour
Voice Assistant
Voice Service
Voice wake-up
VPN Client
VpnDialogs
VZ Navigator
vzw_api
VZW_Multicast_MW
VZWAPN
withTV

Hell of a list!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the moto x pure, and s7e,
I love my moto x pure still, the battery life on s7e is way better at least for me.

Also it depends what your looking for both devices are way different. Ones close stock Android and ones highly overlayed Android.

I still love my moto x pure for these reasons.
Because it's bigger,
It feels better in my hands,
Brighter screen,
Features like moto display is way better that always on display,
Front facing amazing speakers.
Plus close Stock Android and gets updates faster.

I like the s7e for these reasons.
Style Looks good,
Amazing camera,
Better battery,
And faster processor.

That's about it, I basically got the s7e because the LG g5 disappointed me and I haven't had a Samsung since s3.
If moto surprises me with another great phone this year I'll definitely buy it :)

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Droid Turbo 2. Battery life slightly better on S7 edge. Screen on S7 is much nicer. It is closer to the surface. The feel of the phone is fantastic. It is light, thin and smooth. I still have a really soft spot for my Droid Turbo 2. I'll probably keep it as a spare phone. I haven't modded it to Material Design yet. TouchWiz seems acceptable.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the turbo, and I love the edge so much. the battery is at least as good (a little better I think). Game launcher is great because it really cuts down on battery use during a game. The screen is way nicer on the edge.

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I made a quick pit stop to the Turbo 2 from the Nexus 6P while I waited for the S7 Edge Preorders to start. The Droid Turbo 2 is a good phone. Battery life on the S7 Edge is much better IMO. Overall it was a great phone for two weeks but I am where I want to be now after flip flopping numerous phones in the past few months. Much happier with the S7 Edge.. Especially the Silver....

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I had a Moto X Style (Pure) for a few days. Hated it. Too bulky, and plain ugly in my opinion. Yes the speakers were good but the front of the device was way too big

Moto Actions were horrible. The vibration feedback when double twisting to switch the camera on was ridiculous and I found that the LED torch had switched on a couple of ntimes in my pocket (enough walking to activate the double chop I guess).

Yes it was near stock Android but Moto are not THAT quick with updates and it was missing the Google Dialer which is one of the best things about stock IMO.

The Samsung S7 Edge is better in many ways including, build, design (including comfort to use), screen, power, battery. I've been a long time Nexus user and have even managed to start enjoying Touchwiz using themes, icon switcher and the Google Now Launcher.

wisewhisk

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I came from the Droid Turbo (1st Gen). I think the battery life for the S7 Edge is slightly worse. With my Turbo, I would have about 20-30% at the end of the day and with the S7 Edge, I would have less than 10%. With that being said, I've only had it about a week and I've been playing with the phone more than I probably usually do.

I miss Moto Display the most and after a week, I prefer near-stock Android compared to TouchWiz. I'm still getting used to the slightly larger screen (I think the Droid Turbo was perfect for my hand size) and more-sensitive touch screen. But I love the better camera and the fingerprint sensor. So there are things I miss but overall I think most of my issues are things I'll eventually get used to.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Droid Turbo (1st Gen). I think the battery life for the S7 Edge is slightly worse. With my Turbo, I would have about 20-30% at the end of the day and with the S7 Edge, I would have less than 10%. With that being said, I've only had it about a week and I've been playing with the phone more than I probably usually do.

I miss Moto Display the most and after a week, I prefer near-stock Android compared to TouchWiz. I'm still getting used to the slightly larger screen (I think the Droid Turbo was perfect for my hand size) and more-sensitive touch screen. But I love the better camera and the fingerprint sensor. So there are things I miss but overall I think most of my issues are things I'll eventually get used to.

Try using AcDisplay or Dynamic Notifications - they're not exact clones of Moto Display, but they do fill the void.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781