Notifications Play On Silent/Vibrate

bravestarr82

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
The wife and I both traded in our phones for the S7 and S7 Edge for me. We are now both having an issue that if we are on silent or vibrate some (not all) notifications will still play sound. Restarting and turning the phone to silent and back to vibrate along with turning up the volume and back down has no effect.

I came from the LG V10 and her from the S6 and we didn't have that issue on our old devices so I don't know if its a S7 issue or Marshmallow issue as it affects both the s7 and Edge.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The wife and I both traded in our phones for the S7 and S7 Edge for me. We are now both having an issue that if we are on silent or vibrate some (not all) notifications will still play sound. Restarting and turning the phone to silent and back to vibrate along with turning up the volume and back down has no effect.

I came from the LG V10 and her from the S6 and we didn't have that issue on our old devices so I don't know if its a S7 issue or Marshmallow issue as it affects both the s7 and Edge.

If you play ringtone, does it produce sound?

bravestarr82

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
It does, it's not specific to just a certain app on either the S7 or Edge. Some emails or texts on mine vibrate like they should on vibrate only mode and then others will play sounds and it's the same issue on the S7

Posted via the Android Central App

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Experiencing same issue: Phone on vibrate and Inbox produces audible notifications. This seems like a basic function to get right.....

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had to set mine manually. I used to be able to do this on my S6 edge and it would shut up the notifications as well when it went to vibrate. Now when I lower to vibrate or silent the notification blasting out at max volume. It was so annoying trying to sleep and hear "you got mail" coming from the phone. Yes I use "you got mail" for my mail notification.:p

src1425

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem, in that muting the phone still allowed phone calls to ring, even in safe mode and after a hard reset. The store confirmed the problem and couldn't figure out what was wrong so they ordered me a new one, except I have to wait another 2 weeks for it.

Teresa Anna

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this issue at work and it's driving me crazy! It seems like anything that has a custom notification, by contact or by app, doesn't set to vibrate when I set my overall phone to vibrate. Anything using the default system sounds vibrates. This was not a problem with the last number of Galaxy phones, so I'm wondering if it's operating system update related?

Has anyone found a solution?

triniwill

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. What I've noticed is that when you go into the sound settings, it says the ringtone is set to vibrate but notifications are set to "on". Taking it off of vibrate then back to vibrate resets it correctly, but it is definitely something that happens randomly at least once a day. I'm going to attempt to call Samsung to see if I have to switch my phone out too or if they plan on fixing this with an update.

Polocoste

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
This is happening on S7 as well, hate it. Pretty annoying when you go into a meeting or movie and set the phone to virbate, then you start getting beeps and bings and everyone starts looking. Fix up!

Diane Kennedy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
This is happening on my S7 Edge as well. I tend to notice it when I'm at work, because of course I want my phone to be silent! The weird thing is that I can't change the volume settings for notifications and system until I take it off mute, because these options are grayed out. :confused:

vanholbrook

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issues. When my s7 edge is on vibrate, phone calls still come through out loud...as well as some notifications. How can this get fixed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy