Oculus App

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While I am waiting for Sammy to approve and send me the VR stuff I thought I would install the app. However, I can't seem to find it! When I search for Oculus or Oculus Home from the Play Store I get a bunch of VR games, but not the actual App.

Am I totally missing something? I suspect I am.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Thought I was losing it. Figured it HAD to be somewhere, right?

It wasn't until I actually plugged the phone into the VR that it activated something that installed the app. Just wait until it arrives, it's pretty quick to install and set up.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
When you plug in the Gear VR for the first time you are instructed what to do. A bit of a pain as the phone needs to be removed again and then refitted.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's all accessed from the vr gear quick question though where does it get stored exactly and is there a way to uninstall to make room for other games?

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine too! You can download the app from the oculus Web site. That's what I did because I was worried I wouldn't get the gear before the last date to download the files.

mikerod79

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I know i thought the same thing i found the oculus app sdk and I found it i didnt want to lose the potential bundle deal

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you don't have to worry about losing out on the bundle. you have 30 days from receiving the Headset to claim your bundle regardless of if the initial deadline date has passed due to them not being able to ship units out as fast as they initially thought.

mikerod79

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Its cool either way i am all registered i might work for the samsung experience center by me hope i get it :)

sferrell615

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i bought a galaxy s7 because it included the gear VR and 6 game bundle. i'm interested in selling the gear VR with the 6 game bundle. :-$
from what i understand, you're supposed to see the 6 games in your oculus app once you activate the gear VR with your oculus app phone.

since the gear VR doesn't know if joe schmo (whom i sell the gear VR to) purchased the gear VR originally, would joe schmo be able to download the 6 games onto their phone? does it matter what type of phone is used? does it have to happen within a certain time (e.g. of purchasing the gear VR)?

should i just keep the gear VR and forget about the ~ $90? :confused:
thanks

mikerod79

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't know i got two of them one for me and my girl but i am selling hers she hates technology but there are free apps as well so

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2