Edge apps visible even on lock screen

AndySG

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
On my S7 Edge, i have the Edge apps switched on - people edge, app edge, shortcuts, etc. Screen unlock is by fingerprint.

I noticed that when the locked screen is on, although the screen is locked, the edge apps are still accessible. Meaning that on my lock screen, I can still slide my finger in from the side to see all my edge apps information - people edge, app edge, shortcuts, etc. (If I wanted to go further, however, it will ask me to unlock the screen first).

I have checked the settings, searched through the net, but found nothing on this. Does anyone know if there is a way to lock the edge panels when the screen is locked?

Thanks.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can see the edge screen apps and tasks but you cannot operate them without unlocking the phone. They stay there for quick access even when the phone is locked. I don't see a way to turn em off. If there is something you don't want someone to see, your best bet is to turn it off completely

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My husband who barely knows about my edge says he doesn't even really see the tab when he just glances at it

Posted via the Android Central App

AndySG

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, people! I guess there's no way to disable edge panels only when the screen is locked then. Nothing critical, but I just thought that it defeats the purpose of locking one's screen, when others still can see what your frequently shortcuts, apps and contacts are (although I know they can't access the information inside each link).

I discovered it by accident too. Was holding my phone with the screen locked and its slipped a little, thats when my finger must have touched the edge and the panels showed up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci