How to enable Dropbox upload from camera?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
In previous phones once I sign into my Dropbox account it automatically uploads photos taken with the phone's camera. But with this phone when I click "upload" in Dropbox settings it prompts me to accept that Dropbox has access to my photos, etc. Then when I click "ok" another pop-up tells me I have to "... turn off the screen overlay from settings>apps." When I go there the switch to turn on or off these "screen overlays" is grayed out but seems to be set to off. I have no idea what screen overlays are and cannot figure out how to get Dropbox to start working.

Any ideas or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Did you change any phone settings or disable a bunch of things? I just went into the Dropbox App and in the settings pressed "Turn on camera upload" and it asked me something then I clicked it.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you change any phone settings or disable a bunch of things? I just went into the Dropbox App and in the settings pressed "Turn on camera upload" and it asked me something then I clicked it.

I disabled all "screen overlay" permissions and now Dropbox upload seems to work. In doing so I think I screwed up Lux so for now I'm just going with the phone's built-in auto-brightness program.
I really have no idea what this "screen overlay" stuff even means but it seems it's better to leave it disabled for all apps.