Charging times for the S7 Edge.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Verizon "Fast charge" bundle and wanted to see the difference in charging times, so I decided to kill my battery and fully charged the phone on each. Here's my results.
First I want to report that the time to full that pops up on the screen is very accurate. If it was off at all,it was only by a few minutes.
The best was obviously plugged into the Samsung adaptive fast charger block with a USB, but I was surprised that the Samsung 10.2A Fast Charge battery pack charged it just as fast! I was hoping to get two and a half charges out of the battery pack, but instead only got just a hair over 2 full charges from zero.
The Verizon branded fast charge car charger had the same "time to full" as the adaptive block and the battery pack but it took a little longer (I think it was just under 2 hours). Maybe it was because my car was off and so it wasn't getting full charging voltage, I don't know. But this is still the best car charger I've ever used.
I wasn't too impressed with the Samsung Fast wireless charger. It has a little fan on it and my wife complained about it after I mentioned it. I don't think she heard it until after I told her about it. It took about 2 and a half hours to charge, about an hour longer than plugged in to the adaptive but an hour faster than the regular Samsung Wireless charger.
I still have to plug the phone directly into the older 2.0 amp Samsung charger and see how long that takes to charge. There's also a cheap $10 portable 4A I got from Walmart I want to test. I'll post those later.
PhotoGrid_1458356854052.jpg
PhotoGrid_1458357056778.jpg
PhotoGrid_1458356896806.jpg
PhotoGrid_1458356641261.jpg

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Why where you expecting 2.5 charges on the 10.2a battery pack? About 2x would be correct.

I get a little over a full charge out of my el cheapo 4,000 mAh portable charger, so I assumed one that is two and a half times the size would give me about two and a half charges. Also Samsung says this about the charger.
The battery pack’s 10200mAh capacity can be recharged over and over. When fully powered, the battery pack holds enough juice to charge most of the latest smartphones up to at least 3 times.