Can't register phone with Samsung

grafixguy#AC

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to register my phone with Samsung but no matter what I plug in as far serial or IMEI number, it's not accepted. Samsung chat tells me the numbers don't exist. I bought it directly from Verizon.

Anyone else?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to register my phone with Samsung but no matter what I plug in as far serial or IMEI number, it's not accepted. Samsung chat tells me the numbers don't exist. I bought it directly from Verizon.

Anyone else?

Not to be funny or rude, but did you make sure that you didn't think 0's are O's in the number?

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Ordered a Gold S7 Edge for my wife and it works fine but my Black S7 Edge won't register. It doesn't work when submitting the IMEI nor the mac address. Very frustrating. I've been meaning to call them soon because Verizon could very well throw out my free Gear S2. Help!

grafixguy#AC

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a legitimate point but we now know I'm not alone. My concern is that I'm not going to get the promos and who knows what other issues will arise. I chatted with Samsung and VZW on line today but will call Samsung tomorrow.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Did you try to register on initial setup of the phone?

I'm pretty sure I did. I know my wife did and hers registered immediately without having to go to Samsung's site. I never got an email about registering, unlike her, and can't register on their site either. I had Samsung live chat look over everything and he recommended calling Verizon. But it's so weird and I'm worried about the promos as well.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was/am having the same issue (Sprint phone). I have tried multiple times to register through the Samsung site and keep getting the invalid serial number message. However, when I set up my Samsung+ app it shows my phone as having been registered on the day I bought it. The serial number is correct but, the color is wrong. CHeck your Samsung+ app and click on MySamsung and see what it shows.

grafixguy#AC

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Wound up calling Samsung this morning. Surprised to have a human pick up the phone.

Confirmed that the number was not in the system. Apparently, from time to time, these numbers are recycled and don't entered correctly. Supposedly takes 24-48 hours to get fixed. I'll update this if there's anything to update.

B0omSLanG

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I was/am having the same issue (Sprint phone). I have tried multiple times to register through the Samsung site and keep getting the invalid serial number message. However, when I set up my Samsung+ app it shows my phone as having been registered on the day I bought it. The serial number is correct but, the color is wrong. CHeck your Samsung+ app and click on MySamsung and see what it shows.

You're right. I hadn't even downloaded Samsung+. My wife's phone is gold so I assumed it was hers. I've tried registering her phone though and I get the same error. So, either way, one phone won't register.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol