How is the camera on the S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

For those of you who have the S7 Edge, how well is the camera? Does it do well with zoom?

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic! Takes great pictures. If you're into photography, it's Samsung’s best iteration of pro mode thus far. The benefits of the ability to shoot RAW + the ability to now control shutter speed can't be overstated. Even the implementation of white balance and exposure controls is improved.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Best I've ever used on any phone. It focuses instantaneously, gets absolutely terrific photos and video. Better than the S6 Edge+, and better than the Nexus 6P.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kingsfoil

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed with the video recording, as after about 30 seconds to a minute of recording mine starts jittering and then just freezes. Using Full HD with image stabilisation on, recording to a Class 10 sd card. Trying a different app, otherwise swapping to a different phone.

Last edited:

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed with the video recording, as after about 30 seconds to a minute of recording mine starts jittering and then just freezes. Using Full HD with image stabilisation on. Trying a different app, otherwise swapping to a different phone.

I would consider replacing the unit. It sounds faulty. I took a bunch of 2 min videos of my daughter figure skating on Sunday and didn't experience any issues. The phone's ability to stay focused on her throughout was insanely good.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
The camera on this thing is a beast I also have the note 5 and outdoor pictures are about the same but in door is where the gs7 shines and the auto focus is crazy good

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed with the video recording, as after about 30 seconds to a minute of recording mine starts jittering and then just freezes. Using Full HD with image stabilisation on, recording to a Class 10 sd card. Trying a different app, otherwise swapping to a different phone.

Have you tried recording to the phone storage instead of the SD card just to rule out SD card performance issues and not the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy