Note 5 to S7e to Note 5

Laserbutt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I made the switch from a Note 5 to an S7 edge. Ive been a long time Note user and am having trouble finding traction with the S7e. UI performance between the two seem identical. Anyone else wrestling with this decision?

Posted via the Android Central App

fordhamtroll

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have both phones. I've had the Note 3 and Note 4, and almost bought the original Note when it was released. The S7 Edge is, imho, faster and snappier, has a better camera, MUCH better battery life, and a better looking design. That said, sometimes the S7 edge feels like a little toy next to the Note, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the S pen. I can't say that I've used it a whole lot, but when I needed to use it, it was a godsend. I'm sure I don't have to tell you about its benefits. Ultimately, I chose to stay with Edge as I wanted a smaller form factor and big battery. I'm sure the Note 6 will be a beast of a phone that will top the S7 edge in specs, but to each his own I suppose.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is not really a large upgradeoover the note 5 . but slightly better camera and ip68 is worth it to me.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
All the talk about screens cracking even in some cases with minor falls makes me lean toward the note. I love the looks and size of the edge however I am clumsy and drop my phone at least monthly. In a gigundous case it is never damaged but hiding an edge in a similar case defeats the purpose of the edge. I don't care about the camera nor s-pen and prefer the edge size and battery but fear breaking it. Even with insurance $150 a pop is not small change.

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Had a note 5. I prefer the screen size and form factor of the S7 edge and like the bigger battery and water resistance. Performance wise they're both champs but the camera on the S7 edge is better for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
All the talk about screens cracking even in some cases with minor falls makes me lean toward the note. I love the looks and size of the edge however I am clumsy and drop my phone at least monthly. In a gigundous case it is never damaged but hiding an edge in a similar case defeats the purpose of the edge. I don't care about the camera nor s-pen and prefer the edge size and battery but fear breaking it. Even with insurance $150 a pop is not small change.

IMO the Note 5 is just as vulnerable to breaking... I have had both and I like both, but love the smaller size/larger battery of the S7E.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded this passed Friday from my beloved Note 5 to S7E it was sad when I had to trade it in to att as I've been using the S7E all weekend to me it was a well worth it upgrade the camera ip68 modded adaptable storage via microsd and the battery life for me have worked nicely. My note 5 battery life was terrible mind you I'm running the same home screens widgets from my previous N5 on the S7E and I'm getting 19hrs and sot 5+ hours I couldn't be happier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn