Bluetooth car problem: connects but Contacts will not import

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
All: I've seen some threads about Bluetooth / car issues but nothing about this one. My 7 Edge will connect to my 2011 Audi Q5 but will not import my contacts. Coming from the HTC M9 I never had this problem. I don't know if this is relevant to the problem but all of my contacts are from a Microsoft Exchange account. I checked the permissions under "contacts" and I don't see an issue there.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone might have.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "issue" is probably that Bluetooth specifies the method by which data will be transferred between two devices - but it doesn't specify the format of the data or what type of data it is - so your phone and your car audio system have to be speaking the same dialect of Bluetooth ... and we're FAR from that yet. See if Audi has an update or downdate that will make the car and phone compatible.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Go into the Bluetooth menu, select the "gear icon" on the BT device you want to use and enable the "Contact Sharing" selection.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Go into the Bluetooth menu, select the "gear icon" on the BT device you want to use and enable the "Contact Sharing" selection.

Thanks. I tried that a few times when I set it up (selecting and deselecing) to no avail. One would think that would do it...

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried removing all BT devices from the car stereo and readding them?

I had the same problem as you and deleting everything and manually selecting contact sharing fixed it.

hussam ali

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I saw your reply in all forums I checked, the problem when I checked my mobile, the choice to connect audio in my Bluetooth settings is not there!!
only option for call connections. how can I enable the audio connection to my 2009 Nissan Armada.

regards

hussam ali

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

I saw your reply in all forums I checked, the problem when I checked my mobile, the choice to connect audio in my Bluetooth settings is not there!!
only option for call connections. how can I enable the audio connection to my 2009 Nissan Armada.

regards

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
You might want to try unpairing and then wiping the cache partition. So far, that has worked for me with MyFord Touch.

Rgonza

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issues. I have an Audi Q5 2011. I have an S7 edge and the phone will connect via Bluetooth but none of my contacts are available. Therefore I can’t make calls using the Bluetooth in my car unless I unlock my phone and do so manually through my phone. Also I can’t do meetings using Skype for Business as the audio is all messed up. My S6 Edge + works perfectly well. But the S7 is a dud. I’m getting to the point of wanting to return the device as I can’t use it in my car to call or do meetings while driving. I’ve tried resetting the car and the phone which is a pain. I’ve unpaired and paired. I’ve checked the contacts sharing, I’ve wiped the cache etc. Seems to be a compatibility issue. I would hate to return the S7 but I don’t have much of a choice.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
For my car, I need to do 2 things. 1) pair phone to car using Bluetooth. 2) transfer contacts over.

I use an app called Bluetooth File Transfer to transfer my contacts to the car.

This is for my infiniti g35.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
How many contacts do you have? My wife can't sync her 1500 contacts to her car but my 200 sync fine to here car. I think the threshold is right about 1000.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Try when you get in the car watching the phone as it picks up Bluetooth...sometimes there is a quick request for access to the contacts...and you need to accept it or accept it and choose don't ask again....

Arie van Dijk

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem on my S7 and I finally solved it!

I had this problem with the exchange account on my S7. Contacts were not available on the car-kit through Bluetooth and I couldn't save a new contact to my exchange account.

Seems that Samsung removed some functionality from Android, while it is still functioning underneath.
To solve it I installed the standard Google Contact APK which you can find here:
Google Contacts APKs - APKMirror
(This isn't officially compatible, but I didn't experience any problems so far)
Now it is possible to save contacts to the Exchange account and set the default account.

In the settings you can found an option: "Visible Contacts." Choose change and you will be able to select the contacts in your Exchange account contacts by label / all other contacts. At mine there is an option: "Share profile" at the phone number which I checked as well for all contacts.
After I changed this settings the car (in my case BMW 5 / 528i / F10) recognized the contacts again.

It took me a while to figure this out. Tried several different firmwares, but this seems to solve it.

henrykrinkle

May 9, 2015
Visit site
This is an old thread (and I've since switched to the HTC 10) but figured I pass on some info. When I asked the Audi dealership about it the first thing they said was "let me guess, it's a Samsung". For some reason the S7 doesn't play well with the Audi MMI. Zero issues with the 10.

DP1019

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
This is an old thread (and I've since switched to the HTC 10) but figured I pass on some info. When I asked the Audi dealership about it the first thing they said was "let me guess, it's a Samsung". For some reason the S7 doesn't play well with the Audi MMI. Zero issues with the 10.

Just got back from Audi dealership and my 2010 Q5 won't add contacts after working fine for the last 9 months. I have Samsung S7 Edge and a few months ago contacts disappeared.

FatButNotUgly

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Your fix.......make sure all your contacts are on gmail. Transfer your contacts from sim and phone to a google account. Then, any car any phone with bluetooth will pickup all contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey