Ability to Create Custom Vibration Pattern Removed?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I am not a new user to Samsung phones so this may or may not seem of much interest to a new user being that they probably haven't had the pleasure of being able to create vibration patterns for each person in their contact list but Samsung removing this from this version has disappointed me. I don't use sounds on my phone as a general rule simply because I always seem to choose the most annoying sounds for my notifications and they seem to annoy others when in a group when I do get a notification so I loved the idea of being able to assign a vibration pattern to each person and now they have taken that away.
I know that we all are excited and can't wait for the next new phone to come out but what I can't understand is why when a new one is in the making why do they have to make so many subtle changes? I am not talking about OS in general but just the feel and layout as I have seen a big change in the Contact app, dial pad, Messages(icons are too small) etc, but my biggest complaint is the vibration pattern. My phone only vibrates a few times and have been trying to find a app that would truly work with and let me create my own personal patterns Are there any out there that actually work? I have been considering emailing Samsung and see if there might be a patch or a update that could be implemented to accommodate this and maybe some of you feel the same way I do that maybe Samsung would listen.:(

Stamp My Art

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks...hopefully this will help. Looks like it includes some of the custom vibrations that USED to already be on my Galaxy. Disappointed the Marshmallow update removed them. Wish I could tell the "powers-that-be" they should put back what was one of the more useful features! ugh. Thanks again!

***Edit - Update -- it did NOT work. I tried a couple variations and none of them worked. :( Apparently the Marshmallow locked out that ability even with apps. :(

Last edited:

crazytonyi

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
That video just shows how to select a specific (pre-defined) vibration pattern for a contact. The question is how to create custom vibration patterns.