How are you guys getting good battery?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So, shut off and deactivate the stuff you don't want. Let me be clear, because some knee jerk responses to this sort of advice snarkily suggest you're "making your smartphone dumb," or disabling "everything that makes your phone what it is." No. Disable ***what you don't want and use***. There's generally going to be quite a bit in that category for any one of us. My stuff will be different than yours, but tweak that sucker to your needs. You shouldn't have to disable features you want.

Right... it's not an all or nothing prospect. Out of the box, the phone has a ton of stuff running... and for most people, a ton of those features aren't providing them any benefit. If there is a function you don't use, the only thing it is doing is wasting power and resources. There are a few threads over on XDA that take this to the extreme... using custom kernels with very specific configurations, tools like Amplify (Xposed), Greenify and a service disabling tool to go through, service by service and customize everything to match your own particular usage patterns. The goal in those posts is not to degrade your user experience, but to customize very aspect of your phone so that it does everything you want exactly how you want, and nothing you don't need.

When I have a little extra time, I might go through and set it up this way... but it's a lot of work and a bear to replicate if you ROM-bounce (which is here nor there for S7 users of course... the SD varient can't even be rooted yet).

I think the "turn your smart phone dumb' comments come as a response to the suggestions to just go in, wholesale, turning a bunch of stuff off... sacrificing huge chunks of functionality in the process. That can be pretty silly since a lot of times as the cure is worse than the symptom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance