Wifi Calling doesn't connect call

cwolfey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Samaung S7 edge.
When on wifi calling either when people call me or I make a call the call drops immediately.

I have perfect signal on home wifi and no issues. Wife's iPhone 6 wifi calling works fine.
My old Samsung S6 edge had same problem.
Heres the thing...it worked good when I first got the phone, then after I started putting apps back in...it started doing this again.

One thing I noticed that got me thinking, another app I have that doesn't work correctly is my Tivo app which is supposed to allow streaming, it starts video then stops...what was fishy was that on my router my phone name was listed as something like "tivo gjdidi.."

So.. is it possible that when the app tivo setup my phone to do streaming it changes something in network settings that I can't see...and also why it doesn't work?

I have tried most things to get it working.. except factory restore yet.

Anyone else experience issue

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Nope. I have Verizon and it works fine. If no tower signal but there is a wifi connection, it switches over without a hitch.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Who uses wifi calling? I'm thinking of using this feature. Is the call quality that much better?

Posted via the Android Central App

cwolfey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Restored phone now my WiFi calling works again. I am thinking it was the Tivo app since it worked before I installed it last time..not sure what network settings it changes if at all.. I will wait and see if it continues to work.

I use this setting because the 4g VoLTE doesn't work good in my house.

cwolfey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Update: Wifi Calling has continued to work as long as I didn't install the Tivo app..very odd kinda wish there was some technical reason why.

Just happy it works flawlessly

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Question for Verizon users, my son has an S7E and has WiFi calling turned on. However, it will only use WiFi when no carrier signal available. That means it works very badly in an area with spotty coverage but good WiFi. Is there a way to make the phone favor WiFi over carrier, such as Sprint seems to do?