Weather widget wrong time after daylight savings time

lancashirehotpot

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Anybody else in the UK not had the weather widget update the time by an hour even though the phone time has gone forward an hour? Any ideas how to correct it? Tried restarting and removing the widget...

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else in the UK not had the weather widget update the time by an hour even though the phone time has gone forward an hour? Any ideas how to correct it? Tried restarting and removing the widget...

Is your Date and time in Settings on Automatic?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

My Vodafone time is O.K. Changed at 01.00 hrs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah its on automatic and tried rebooting it. The phone time is correct it's just the weather widget that's not

I hate that weather widget. I use Transparent clock & weather, free from the Play Store. Much more accurate and configurable. Try deleting the widget from your home screen and then re-adding it. Hopefully, that should kick it into gear.

lancashirehotpot

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Tried it, it did sort itself out briefly but then when I unlocked my phone again had gone back an hour. Never mind, like you say there's loads of alternatives I suppose. Cheers 👍

lancashirehotpot

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
It seems to be related to location. If I turn location off the time adjusts and is correct, then if I turn weather location back on it goes back an hour. This suggests it's possibly an issue at their end?

Shejtan

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I got this problem on my S6 (going on CET time, living in Sweden) as well. The problem corrected itself after a day or two. However, another, "cosmetic" bug persists. There's this thiny icon that appeared just on the right side of the clock, representing sun with a small clock inside - I assume an indicator regarding daylight savings thing. But it won't go away. I guess this was supposed to be there just the first day or two after the time changed, but it's still there - a week later. Removing / re-adding the weather widget wouldn't fix the problem. I also cleaned the cache from the widget - nothing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon