SD card won't work? Stuck with notifications

chaddix77

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Anybody figure this out... I can't access any of the data on my memory card now very frustrating it worked fine for a week after I got this phone and I've been stuck with this notification for the last 7 days unable to use the card. (Encrypting SD card)
none of my files appear even when I plug into computer... Oddly enough it still has the option encrypt/decrypt sd card and when I start the phone it ask for sd card and password... When I go to the storeage settings the SD card just says "ready"
I restarted my phone a bunch of times and like that it started reading my memory card again.... It worked fine for 2 days... Eventually I had to restart my phone and what do you know I'm all the way back at sqare one no memory card accsess.

Ughhhh so frustrating ruining my experience with this phone... Wish I had just never encrypted in the first place. I can't find any other information on the Web about this problem either.

Any tricks to getting the phone to read my SD card?

My phone "reads" the card I have to enter the memory card password upon booting up the phone. I get the encrypting SD card notification aswell.... Under the storeage menu the SD card is just listed as "Ready" I cannot access any of the files (they don't even show up) just odd that my phone knows the card is there but does not actually read it?

ignaro

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same thing with my Galaxy S7 Edge.

Went to China, took a bunch of pictures. On the plane ride home, I set a password, did the fingerprint thing and encrypted my SD card. Later, I wanted to use the card in a reader to download pictures so I had to decrypt it. Once I told it to do that, all my China pictures are missing!

Just like you, I have SD Card Ready and I have the options to encrypt or decrypt but nothing else sees the card.

Pgsus1013

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I get EXACTLY THE SAME THING. I was all ready to re-format my 200GB SD Card, and when I inserted it into my computer using the adapter, I realized the files are all there (though after encrypting it, my Mac can't actually read the files, but the multi-megabyte file sizes tell me that the data are there). What to do? :'(

mp3subscriber

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought an Galaxy J7 Metal (Android 6.0.1, pt_BR) recently and after proceeding with SDCard encryption my phone started to ask "Encode" or "Decode" SDcard (Kingston 16GB) every time I have to restart it, just after inserting security pattern. Already tried format card (Windows PC) but the problem remains exactly the same. Configuration > Storage says "Ready" but card is inaccessible (file system) to Android. Found no way to reformat it thru Android interface. Any help kindly appreciated.

prajyoth

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Alright, what I did to fix the issue (YAY) was to:
- turn my lock screen security to none, keeping fingerprint data.
- I then went and started encrypting the sd card again. It failed as usual and I restarted the phone and when it came up it stated the SD Card was successfully encrypted.
- Went to my gallery and all my photos are showing.

I am now completing a backup to google photos and then going to try and decrypt to hopefully keep this from happening in the future!

alien sporez

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
- I then went and started encrypting the sd card again. It failed as usual and I restarted the phone and when it came up it stated the SD Card was successfully encrypted.

I am now completing a backup to google photos and then going to try and decrypt to hopefully keep this from happening in the future!

I saw this on another forum too and it absolutely worked for me too!!!

TheBroMason

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site

I created an account just to login in and say thank you, this worked perfectly and saved me 50GB of data that otherwise would have been lost. Searched everywhere for a solution.

I created an account just to login in and say thank you, this worked perfectly and saved me 50GB of data that otherwise would have been lost. Searched everywhere for a solution.

I too did this and it worked first time, brilliant. Hope others can see this solution

I too created an account just to say a massive thank you. After reading all the above, I was thinking oh God not a new phone. This was the first one I tried and it worked fantastic. Thank you so much

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85