Case or Protector?

Case, Protector or Naked?

• Total voters

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Time to open up a can of worms... Since at the moment the consensus is we can't have both a case and a screen protector, what is more important, to cover our beautiful phones with a case, to protect the perfect glass with plastic, or to run free and naked?

I had the Zagg HD and the Otterbox Symmetry, but of course the Zagg began peeling on the sides almost immediately. At that time I chose to go with just the case... Now I'm not so sure. My insurance will replace a broken phone, but not a scratched screen. So what say you?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Get the Bodyguardz HD Curved. Works perfect with cases and does not peel up as it's cut short on all sides.
I've had mine on for over 2 weeks now and no problems at all.
I've also tried the phone in over 10 different cases.

Your poll needs to include both.

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I've always had cases for my phone and my S7 edge is no exception but tbh I don't like how it feels without a case, I don't know if its me not bot being use to it or what, maybe its the edge screen since my skin always touches it when holding. anyways I did get a case and screen protector for both back and front, now I can put the phone in my pocket, back pack without worrying about it getting scratched.
I'm currently using this case and I actually love it. it even works with my wireless charger.
Amazon.com: Galaxy S7 Edge Case, SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster Case WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016 Release), Unicorn Beetle PRO Series - Retail Package (Black/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
and for the screen protector I'm using Super Guardz (eBay).
One thing for people that want a screen protector and case, you might have do some trimming on the edges of the screen protector. when I put mine on and then put the case on it I noticed the edges of the case was pushing on the edge of the screen protector and create a bubble but with some minor trimming the issue was resolved.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I second the SUPCASE - I like it a lot. The phone without the case seems to be too thin and slippery for me to hold. I also have one on my Samsung Tab A.

I do have a Zag screen protector on the phone - it tends to bubble on the one side if i use the holster with the phone. If it gets bad enough I'll try a different protector.

kman00

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Trim the edge of your next screen protector so the bubbles don't happen. I actually just pulled off the edge of my screen protector and trimmed it then put it back down worked fine.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I tended to use my prior LG G4 without a case most of the time (the first time I did that as much as I did with the G4...my normal MO is case outside the house and none at home). With the S7E I feel the need to have it in a case all the time. It's uncomfortable without one, and I also get those inadvertent screen touches.

As for screen protectors, I never use them. I consider them to be akin to anti-virus software. Proper care renders them virtually useless. If you're in to opening attachments from unknown sources, or carrying your keys and your phone in the same pocket, well, OK.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I had this protector applied at Best Buy: ZAGG InvisibleShield HD Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Clear G7EHWS-F0B - Best Buy Then, I waited four days for it to cure and put my phone in this case: Verizon Shell Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge - Verizon Wireless Protector stayed intact in this case, even though previous installation of same protector peeled off when I put it in the Spec Candyshell Grip case.

Do you know if Qi charging works with that case?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
A Spigen rep told me that their screen protectors are designed to work with all their cases. Too bad they don't have a glass one though..

Posted via the Android Central App

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I second the SUPCASE - I like it a lot. The phone without the case seems to be too thin and slippery for me to hold. I also have one on my Samsung Tab A.

I do have a Zag screen protector on the phone - it tends to bubble on the one side if i use the holster with the phone. If it gets bad enough I'll try a different protector.

I third. Such a great case without too much bulk. I mentioned before but I am a holster guy. My previous phone (Blackberry Classic), I used a holster only with no case. One thing about the Blackberry was its heaviness. One tough SOB after accidental drops. Haha. I am careful with my phones but accidents do happen. Love the Galaxy S7 Edge but agree that I would be afraid to drop it if it were completely naked.

I'm also using the ZAGG screen protector.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Both. I have the Zagg HD Clear and an Otterbox Symmetry. The case pushes the screen protector up a bit and I have some bubbles at the edge, but I'd rather have that than an exposed screen or no case. But I can't wait for a good tempered glass screen protector to come out.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Both. VRS wallet flip case and a pos screen protector that Tmobile put on. Both are short term until either the newness wears off or the price of the OEM wallet display case comes down!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I finally picked up a case for my phone. I ended up with the unicorn beetle. Feels great and comes with a holster. Initially I didn't want one but I dropped my phone and scuffed up the side so I decided to get one.

084cdd9b14ad4254391b73cbe4568058.jpg

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it really is a great case. I was very surprised. I only decided to get it after buying the same case from my tablet. I was so impressed with that one I bought one for my phone.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you my wife has saved her iPhone by having glass screen protector on it. Dropped it twice broke screen protector and screen was good. As for my I'm going with clear tech 21 case no screen protector. If there ever becomes a decent glass screen protector, which I won't hold my breath, I will buy one. Until then case only.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So, is there a glass screen protector that'll actually fit with a case without bunching up? Only ever bothered with tempered glass ones seeing as the most common damage is screen breakages. I'm using a Spigen tough armor case as I swear by them, though I can't help but feel the curved display is under protected if it catches on something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34