Why can't I access the internet when connected to wifi on my Galaxy S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

My galaxy s7 edge won't get Internet while connected to wifi

Anytime I connect to a wifi point, my galaxy s7 edge phone stops getting any sort of Internet. This is on multiple wifi connections (work, home, gas, Starbucks, etc.) So I don't believe it is a router issue. Also, all of my other devices at home that are connected to wifi don't have this problem. Also, I've tried to reset my network settings and turned off smart switch as were advised for this problem with the s5. Anyone have a similar problem and/or fix?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: My galaxy s7 edge won't get Internet while connected to wifi

Hello & Welcome to the Android Central Forums, Certainly will try to get you sorted out!

1. Did you recently upgrade your Android Version?
2. Was it working, and just all of a sudden stopped?
3. Did you download a 3rd party app recently that corresponds with the timing of the issues?

Thanks!

Chris

Ajj1367

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

I had a software update on March 22, but this problem started on March 28. I had downloaded the ebates app that day, and have since uninstalled it but the problem has persisted.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry you are still having this issue! My suggestion, since this is a brand new device, would be to either do a full factory reset, which I do recommend after any major update by the way, or take it to the carrier where you purchased the phone and see if they can assist you. Another option would be to contact Samsung tech support, they are usually very helpful.

Dmak74

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Yes I'm having similar issues as well with the s7 edge. I just thought it was my internet. It messed up my other devices connections as well. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12