Loud Siren Noise on New Edge

EdgeOfAfrica

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

Ive had my new edge for about a week or so, and while i was on the phone multitasking the screen all of a sudden froze, and my edge was making a loud siren noise. The phone rebooted, and seems to be working fine now.

My question is should i be worried, and maybe get this replaced? Heres a reference for those that want to know what happened:
https://youtu.be/14jv6jC5WAI

It was exactly like in the above video except this was on the edge 7.

Thank you!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only siren sound I've heard on my phone (and I haven't in a while, and not yet on the S7) was for Amber Alerts. Did it overheat or something?

EdgeOfAfrica

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It seemed a little overheated, but i didnt think it would make such a loud noise and freeze up like that. I have a Spigen case on the phone, and im not sure if that could be causing the phone to overheat.

Nikkii k

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
It happen to me it was GOD AWFUL ear piercing. I typed in Google galaxy s7 siren noise after I went to Verizon Today and called samsung. They ALL said I was lying.......I walked in Verizon told them what happen at my apartment building it just went off out of nowhere

It was so bad the building manager came over!!!! They thought it was fire alarm smoke detectors. UNTIL......Get this.....my phone alarm went off and interrupted it......it was then we realized it was my galaxy s7 ......then I shut my phone alarm off then it went back on Earth Piercing siren. .....the only way to disable is to shut your phone off.....or turn your phone alarm on......absolutely scary as hell....I'm ready to call news station or go on you tube.....as this is happening to more and more people.....imagine....a kid driving or a grandmother driving.. ...holding a baby in your arms....and this happens.....the noise is so bad all 4 of us had a headache for HOURS.......

SO sorry you had to go through this....as we did.....I walked in Verizon I demanded explanations and a new phone.....they called me a Liar..... :( but replaced my phone with the same model.....I begged for a different one....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance