Switching between Sim cards - Samsung s7 edge dual sim

blupping

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi. How do I easily switch between sim cards in my dual sim version? I´ve seen in other Samsung models that you can switch when you drag down the top menu. This is no alternative on my phone, there is just a bar that direct to the sim card settings. the bar shows my three decided options; which sim card I have chosen to send texts, which one that use mobile data, and which one that is the standard for calls. Isn´t it supposed to show like two profiles, my private profile and my job profile? And is there any way that I can connect a certain contact to always call from my private sim, and another contact to always call from my job sim?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi. How do I easily switch between sim cards in my dual sim version? I´ve seen in other Samsung models that you can switch when you drag down the top menu. This is no alternative on my phone, there is just a bar that direct to the sim card settings. the bar shows my three decided options; which sim card I have chosen to send texts, which one that use mobile data, and which one that is the standard for calls. Isn´t it supposed to show like two profiles, my private profile and my job profile? And is there any way that I can connect a certain contact to always call from my private sim, and another contact to always call from my job sim?

Hello and welcome to Android Central blupping!

Which model of Galaxy S7 Edge do you have?

blupping

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
The options you mention are the only ones shown on page 133 of the full G900FD User Manual.

Samsung_Galaxy_S7_edge_user_manual_SM_G935_Marshmallow_English_language.pdf

Okay, but do you know why there is an icon on the top showing a house, like the icon I have chosen for my private sim? And when I choose a wallpaper, I get asked if I want it to be on sim card 1, sim card 2 or both? It looks like there is possible to choose two different profiles, but how you switch is a mystery.... I have read the manual, but nothing is mentioned.

Kldep6

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
The answer for ur query is hear... in sim management, voice call option, select sim 1 and again select always ask, and now again select sim 2, thats it now u can see the box switched to sim 2, do it in reverse u can go to sim 1. Hope this solves ur problem my friend.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung changed the profile thing, I think mainly because majority of people are just using dual sim always on anyway, so you can send a message using whichever sim, or receive a call from either sim, without messing around with profiles.

The icon present simply shows which SIM is used when placing a call. Except when you choose 'always ask' which will just show the icon of the last SIM used as default for calls.

Basically in this new version of Samsung's dual SIM handling, there is no more need to toggle between SIMs because both are always active. You can disable a specific SIM if you want, but it's not done via profiles anymore.

I don't know, and haven't seen, an option to make a call for a specific contact automatically come from either SIM1 or SIM2, but you can have the phone always ask you which SIM to make the call from.

aergern

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Watch the end of this video. You can clearly see two phone icons in the dialer. I would think you don't even have to have Android ask you which # to use to call out with ... it would depend on which phone icon is assigned to which number. I haven't got my Duos yet so I can't say for sure. But this appears to be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpRaHpF3cNI

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Watch the end of this video. You can clearly see two phone icons in the dialer. I would think you don't even have to have Android ask you which # to use to call out with ... it would depend on which phone icon is assigned to which number. I haven't got my Duos yet so I can't say for sure. But this appears to be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpRaHpF3cNI
When you are calling from the contacts, you won't be given an option to choose which SIM you want to call from. The phone will call using the SIM set for voice calls. Unless you have always ask enabled.

aergern

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
When you are calling from the contacts, you won't be given an option to choose which SIM you want to call from. The phone will call using the SIM set for voice calls. Unless you have always ask enabled.

I imagined that would be the case. I imagined it would work much like if you have Skype, Gvoice and a sim card # .. it would ask which you prefer and if you didn't click "Do this always" then it would ask each time. I was talking about from say .. the dialer where you can search for a person, it fills in the number then you could choose one of the phone icons. If I'm wrong .. cool. I'll have most of this figured out tomorrow when the handset is actually in my possession. :)

JuliusKoi

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
So this one remains not solved? I can't choose from which sim to call when picking a contact? :(
Only after call, drop then I have to quickly choose...