Owned 4x S7 Edge, lots of Quality Control issues and differences in the devices.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
All Verizon devices:

1st S7 Edge - Gold, during release week - had a faulty display. 1/2 Red and 1/2 Blue. Ran HOT. Also noticed SD Card unmount. Did not check the build date or location. Exchanged.

2nd S7 Edge - Gold, no problems with unit but would constantly dismount SD Card as well and lock up device. Returned the phone when BOGO offer came out.

3rd and 4th S7 Edge - One S7 Edge has no problems. Sim Tray doesn't sit flush but hardly worth mentioning, no SD Card ejection or issues at all. Very fast, never even gets WARM after using normal stuff (Facebook etc). Other S7 Edge has faulty home button (left side doesn't register at all). Although it has a better display (better neutral white point) than the other one.

Well, 1/4 isn't that bad. Quality Control is about Apple levels these days.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
You must have bad luck. I have bought two now with no issues. And my buddy picked one up also with no issues.

Good luck with whatever you buy. Hopefully you find something good.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ive got no issues with my S7 edge from Verizon. By the way, i needed a backup phone so I did buy a galaxy S6 edge from eBay. A seller called Breed electronics. Paid $469.00 for a brand new 128GB s6 edge. When I got it, I went to Verizon to have it checked out. It indeed was a brand new, never activated, 128gb S6 edge. Got a free sim and its awesome. Remember too, if you have a problem with a product on ebay, they'll make it right or refund what you paid including postage. I had to do this once and it went smoothly without a hitch.

Posted via Android Central App

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
All 4x Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge are from VERIZON stores lol.

Now I have had 5x, currently own 2x in my possession. Exchanged the one with the broken button. The new one has no issues. I am keeping it in the shrink wrap and selling it as a new phone once my BOGO Rebate card comes back and I disconnect the line.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If you count 1/2 of a button not working or SD Card issues (software maybe? maybe hardware hard to tell), those are major failures for any device.
I had the button issue on my first one. Was very annoying. Wouldn't register click unless I had my finger or thumb perfectly centered. Exchanged it and my new one is much better but the device seems like it is a little more buggy than the first one. I never experienced lag or freezes on the first one but this one seems to lock up every now and then and require a restart. Still love the device but I'm considering going back to my Note 5

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Guys now iam confused...iam a happy lg g4 user...great phone ...amazing camera..thou my daily driver is lumia 950 ds which is the best...zero issues..
I wanted to shift from g4 to s7 edge...but seeing soo many issues on a brand new phone...iam holding back...wat u guys think buy s7 edge or wait for new batch...thou here in india we get unlocked phones and it not cheap like nearly 900$

Posted via My Awesome Lumia 950 ds red and gold or LG G4 or surface pro 4

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I did but I just wanted to keep the free Gear VR & 128GB.

I have the S7, sold my nexus 6P.

After upgrading for the 60+ times, this is the first time I got a defective device.

Winston P

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
That's a shock. Have a gold international S7 and a friend has a black S7 Edge, both made in Indonesia, neither has any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma