Unrecognized SD Card issue

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have bought an 128gb sd sandisk class 10 for the s7 edge but it recently has been having issues. It just randomly started to say sd unrecognized and wouldn't read my sd card even though it was working hours before it. I do 4 restarts and it goes back to normal with nothing deleted on it, but this is troublesome. Anyone else have this issue?

Ill post an image if it happens again.

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to reformat it? When you insert it, it should ask you if you want to reformat. That might help make it compatible with the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Formatted when I got it, it does display that but it has 60gbs of information on it. Shouldn't have to do it more then the one time I wouldn't hope :/

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and you'll see 'live chat' in the upper right corner. Talk to them. If it's a known problem, they'll tell you how to fix it (or at least to prevent it in the future). If it's not a known problem, they may ask you to send them the card so that they can determine the problem. They're really nice people to work with.

If it's anyone else's card, contact the manufacturer and see what they'll do for you. El Cheapo Cards will probably lose the ability to speak English, Companies like Samsung probably will eventually help, but it'll take you a while to get through the telephone jungle to someone who can help.

(When Samsung messed up an update to the S3 that messed up the data on SD cards, they eventually fixed the bug - long after SanDisk had modified their cards to work around Samsung's bug.)

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Sandisk and Samsung phones don't play very well. I've had SanDisk cards go bad in my previous Samsung phones. Google it and you'll see.

Also, if you bought the card online, where did you buy it? Lots of counterfeit cards are sold daily.

Use an app called SD Insight to check if its legit.

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I got it on Amazon and it's a legit one. I had SanDisk get corrupted in my Note 4 just figured they would have figured out something better on this phone lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta