Screen mirror -Horrible

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have used my note 4 and tab 8 to screen share movies to my samsung smart tv for some time. Imagine my disappointment when I screen share my S7E and the connection is just horrible. Had to go back to the Tab. Anyone else experience issues?

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have used my note 4 and tab 8 to screen share movies to my samsung smart tv for some time. Imagine my disappointment when I screen share my S7E and the connection is just horrible. Had to go back to the Tab. Anyone else experience issues?

Did you try rebooting your router?

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Screen mirror under smart view is working fine two devices and neither one is even a Samsung. Worked fine years ago on the S4 as well.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I never used Chromecast. I'm thinking it only plays media but doesn't "mirror" the screen. Mirroring is fun for games, web media, and some videos apps like Comcast that only want to play on the phone.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Googlecast (formerly known as chromecast) mirrors on screen

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 because my S7E isn't here yet..... via AC app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-07-20-18-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-07-20-18-06.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 64

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Do you need to be connected to WiFi to use Chromecast or will it direct connect?
Chromecast needs to be connected to the wifi network.

To the OP I have no problems using screen mirroring to A Samsung Tv, no lag or stutter at all.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Not sure what the issue is. Works fine. Between the TV and tab as I said. Also worked fine with my old note. Strange.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I would try using your phone with other bluetooth devises. connect to a BT speaker and play some songs and see if it cuts out. Also make sure your not too far from your tv. I think BT range is like 20-30ft.