T-Mobile New Software Update

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I woke up to a software update from tmobile today this is a different one than the one from a couple weeks ago. Did anybody else have it this morning as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

dodgeboy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did. 146.91MB. Downloading now.

Notes:
Stability of recording video has been improved
Overall device performance has been improved
Battery life has been optimized
The security of your device has been improved

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This 2nd update for the T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant, G935T, is release PC8, is on changelist #7620454 which is an increase on the original firmware release, PB8, on changelist #7103056 and indicates a firmware upgrade and bugfix. The Galaxy S7 model also has a similar update.

Chris Rosas

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
got tmobile update

Hi last night I got tmobiles update for my gs7 edge ....I think it provides android security patches for the month of April. It says April 2 to be exact. And it also said it improves a ton of things like battery life,touch, and performance. Have any of you guys received the update? Notice any difference?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: got tmobile update

Got it as well. Going to install now.

Attachments

• 1459771530709.jpg
    1459771530709.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 148

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely improved the screen sensitivity, and it has the April security update. Good stuff.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm really afraid to update. The update a few weeks ago really messed up my battery. My battery started to drain about 40% quicker. Tmobile exchanged the phone and I have since enjoyed the amazing battery life again. Last week the update from March popped up but since that is the update that messed up my other phone I've ignored it. Now there is an April update (not pushed to my phone yet) that mentions an improvement for the battery. Hmmmm. I am gun shy. IF I decide to pull the trigger and update. Do I have to do March's update then update to April's? Do the updates build on previous updates?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm really afraid to update. The update a few weeks ago really messed up my battery. My battery started to drain about 40% quicker. Tmobile exchanged the phone and I have since enjoyed the amazing battery life again. Last week the update from March popped up but since that is the update that messed up my other phone I've ignored it. Now there is an April update (not pushed to my phone yet) that mentions an improvement for the battery. Hmmmm. I am gun shy. IF I decide to pull the trigger and update. Do I have to do March's update then update to April's? Do the updates build on previous updates?

If they build on each other, you'll first get the March update and then the April one. If not, you'll only get the April one.

Given that your situation was fairly isolated, it's highly unlikely that the March update will cause the same issue in another phone unless the issue is something specific to that update in combination with an app.

Personally I'm very happy with this update so far and battery life is better than it was on day 1. I didn't have a decrease after the March update FWIW. Anyway, the more I use the phone today, the happier I am with the changes. It's smoother, quicker, and the screen sensitivity and haptic feedback are both much better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12