Ridiculous static when using aux jack in vehicle with S7 edge, how can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Ridiculous static when using aux jack in vehicle with S7 edge

When I connect my S7 to the aux line in my truck stereo...lots of static also during phone use. But not when using ear buds. I did go to settings and turned on UHQ upscaler and it helped some but when Pandora goes to another song the static is noticeable then disappears after a few seconds but this is more than annoying and is a real problem for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ridiculous static when using aux jack in vehicle with S7 edge

Welcome to Android Central! Do other devices sound ok using that same aux cable? If not, try a different cable, or make sure the car's aux jack is clear of debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, or a damp toothpick to root around.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Mine does this when I have it charging. Unplug your charging cable and I bet the static disappears. I have never had this issue with any other phone. My note 5 does not do this. I purchased a ottie car qi charger for my vehicle to hopefully get rid of this issue. It's coming in today. I'll let you know if it fixed the static issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Mine does this when I have it charging. Unplug your charging cable and I bet the static disappears. I have never had this issue with any other phone. My note 5 does not do this. I purchased a ottie car qi charger for my vehicle to hopefully get rid of this issue. It's coming in today. I'll let you know if it fixed the static issue.

That's interesting--I wonder if that means inadequate RF shielding. If you're using wired headphones and you're also charging the phone, do you hear static over the headphones as well?

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Go to advanced sound settings and enable UHQ upscaler.

Ionicfold

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

That's interesting--I wonder if that means inadequate RF shielding. If you're using wired headphones and you're also charging the phone, do you hear static over the headphones as well?

I'm getting static too. My girlfriend hears it on Skype, comes across as crackling.

Not sure if you noticed but you know that metal ring around the edge of the phone? Well put your charger in and run your finger around the top edge very lightly and it will feel like the smooth surface is bumpy, Unplug the charger and it will disappear.

Pretty sure there is a trace amount of electricity or something running through the ring.

The headphones that came with the phone give off a hum as well but the humm stops when you touch the metal ring of the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if you noticed but you know that metal ring around the edge of the phone? Well put your charger in and run your finger around the top edge very lightly and it will feel like the smooth surface is bumpy, Unplug the charger and it will disappear.

Would that be consistent with my concern about inadequate or faulty RF shielding, or is that a separate electrical issue?

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Just an FYI, I did use my ottie qi car mount and I did not have any static while wirelessly charging my phone and using auxiliary cable.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been testing with Milk Music & Black Player finding staic
pretty much silenced when upscale enabled during song play.
Stopping / pausing music play provided strong 1 second static burst & Mild static during track advance.

Results will differ depending on aux & device vol levels.
During my test I had both set to max.

The HTC EVO 4G had this kind of issue which was fixed with software update.
Contact CS , tweet , email Samung letting them know issues present & fix will come.

Last edited:

marsneyb

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site

If the problem continues you might want to look into a "ground loop isolator" , I ran into this problem in the past and the isolator kills the static

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech