How to reset frozen S7 edge

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
the quick and easy steps to do it yourself.

“If your device is unresponsive, press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.”
How to Reset a Frozen Galaxy S7

I have to do 3 times in a 20 days

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it's freezing that often, I'd wonder if some 3rd party app is causing the instability. Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-25053

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Thats good to know...i had Waze hang on me but when i tried to reset it, i was holding the power button for ages and it did nothing...well nothing any time soon...

Jayjit Biswas

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Now I got it right. Uninstalled some apps which creates major heat. Once it calms down it picked up automatically. Another one is put off power charging off if you don't require it. He creates heat. Avoid using while charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Note: Not all apps in the Google Play Store have been upgraded by their developers to be compatible with Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow and the Galaxy S7 and this can cause issues.