Samsung rolling out April firmware and Security updates

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Samsung have begun rolling out the April firmware and Security updates to the Global model for the Nordic Countries, unbranded phone on CSC code, NEE. Also to unbranded phones for, UAE, Germany, Iraq, South Africa and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. More to follow.

As always, updates for the carrier branded minority variants, non Global, are at the discretion of the individual carriers concerned.

EDIT: Carrier branded models for Korea... KT Corp; LG Uplus and SK Telecom have also updated to the April Security patch on release PD1... build date 01 APR 2016.

Also, T-Mobile (USA)

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung have begun rolling out the April firmware and Security updates to the Global model for the Nordic Countries, unbranded phone on CSC code, NEE. Also to unbranded phones for, UAE, Germany, Iraq and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. More to follow.

As always, updates for the carrier branded minority variants, non Global, are at the discretion of the individual carriers concerned.

EDIT: Carrier branded models for Korea... KT Corp; LG Uplus and SK Telecom have also updated to the April Security patch on release PD1... build date 01 APR 2016.

T-Mobile pushed out theirs on Monday.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Same with Vodafone in the UK. Though they're usually pretty speedy

Have any UK carriers pushed any updates out yet? Trying to decide whether to get a network branded handset or go to carphone warehouse. Not getting updates would annoy me!

Posted via the Android Central App

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Have any UK carriers pushed any updates out yet? Trying to decide whether to get a network branded handset or go to carphone warehouse. Not getting updates would annoy me!

I've got an unlocked S7 edge in the UK and I've not had had April's update yet.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
AT&T is still on Feb.

Firmware update releases for AT&T and Verizon are, unlike all other Samsung models, not released via Samsung but are modified and pushed out by these 2 carriers, themselves, OTA. Therefore, if you change carriers with these 2 models, you will no longer receive updates.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Firmware update releases for AT&T and Verizon are, unlike all other Samsung models, not released via Samsung but are modified and pushed out by these 2 carriers, themselves, OTA. Therefore, if you change carriers with these 2 models, you will no longer receive updates.
i was merely pointing out how slow and bad att was at pushing out updates. My wife's s6 edge hasn't gotten marshmallow yet or the March security update either. So too with wifi calling. My work sprint s6 has marshmallow, wifi calling, but is still on the Feb. security update.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
AT&T as a service is fairly solid while charging top dollar for mediocre service, as for updates it's a bit laughable if not borderline negligent .

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Don't know about others. Suppose it doesn't marrier if it's from the carrier, can always flash over the unbranded version.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Seems there is more than meets the eye with the latest PD1 and PD3 updates that the Global S7 & Edge models are currently receiving, as this article explains...

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge updated with touch improvements

"The new software build (version XXUQAPD1) boasts that touch screen palm rejection is now much better than before, so S7 Edge owners should find that there are fewer accidental presses when using the phone in one hand. The new shape correction feature can now be found as a dedicated toggle under the main camera app’s settings menu. The option states that it corrects distorted shapes in and pictures that you take, although it’s not exactly clear how this works or what it applies to specifically. There are also a selection of smaller improvements to device performance and bug fixes included in the update as well."

Last edited:

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I got the update yesterday. I'm in the UK on Vodafone.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678