S7 Edge, Volume lock?

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys, Been an iPhone used since the first one back in 07, but just made the switch for the S7 Edge :)

I love it, but am having one really annoying issue that I cant figure out :-(

On iOS, I can lock the ringer volume so that you cant alter it with the volume buttons. Now I'm sure android must have this, but I'd be damned if I can find it lol
I keep going to turn the volume down before a video starts playing etc, and it keeps turning the ringer volume down and its driving me mad!

Can anyone help??

Cheers :)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found a way to lock this from being changed. Other firmwares allow for it but not the one Samsung uses. I've learned not to press the volume buttons until I am completely in the game/video.

Jeremy MacMull

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've always used tasker to create profiles that lock volumes etc etc. But that's probably way too overkill for your needs.

Posted via Android Central App

Tom Tame

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Same problem with Samsung S6 till I went to "Play Store" and typed in "Volume Locker" which presented me with a host of options from which I chose and installed "Volume Lock by Evgeni Aizendorff". I opened that app and a screen "Max Volume" appeared. I then dragged the red dot under "Ring" to the right end of that graph line. I see the red box has a check mark in it. The position of that red dot on that line sets the volume of the ringer. Then you will find that pressing the volume buttons on the left side of the phone will not change the ringer volume. The only way to change the ringer volume is to go into the app itself and physically change the position of the red dot. I found my problem was caused by unwittingly pressing the volume buttons each time I switched the phone off. With that particular ap installed even deliberate pressing of the volume buttons will not change the ringer volume. I tried other apps but this particular one was the one I found easiest to set up.

freeop

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much, Tom Tame.

I have the same problem with the original poster and it was getting very frustrating.

Just downloaded and installed this little jewel and works just like you said. I even tried to change the ringtone volume and it would move then return to the original position. I am a happy camper now.

Again thank you very much for your post and everyone else's post. I used the link that meyerweb posted and the app you mentioned was 3rd from the left on the list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781