Unlock using Samsung find my mobile?

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Unlock using samsung find my mobile?

I was wondering if there is a way to use Samsung find my mobile to change password like on the S6 using find my mobile? And where is find my mobile on the phone? I can't find it to activate it. Any help is appreciated. I am not locked out and I know I can get in using google account and password. But I am worried I could forget a password.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unlock using samsung find my mobile?

Find my Mobile is under settings / Lock screen and security. I've only ever used it to unlock my phone which it still does.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Why have a password then?
And what if you make a mistake when writing or lose the paper, or forget where you put it. I asked if Samsung find my mobile was available to us as I can not find it on my Verizon phone. I did not ask how you choose to remember a password. I found very few threads on this online and it appears Verizon customers may not be able to get find my mobile just like we didn't get the samsung browser...if so could someone confirm.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Find my Mobile is under settings / Lock screen and security. I've only ever used it to unlock my phone which it still does.

Thanks for response, it was helpful. I did not, however, find the option for find my mobile as an option in lock screen and security. I do have android device manager but it will not let you change password :'(

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site

If you click on the setup lock and erase option in Android device manager you can change password

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Why have a password then?
And what if you make a mistake when writing or lose the paper, or forget where you put it. I asked if Samsung find my mobile was available to us as I can not find it on my Verizon phone. I did not ask how you choose to remember a password. I found very few threads on this online and it appears Verizon customers may not be able to get find my mobile just like we didn't get the samsung browser...if so could someone confirm.

"What if you make a mistake while writing?" erase it and start over. You mentioned that you are worried that you may forget your password. Therefore a solution would be to write your password down. I'm only responding to what you posted. Electronic devices have made us lazy to write anything down anymore or remember things because we are so dependent on our devices. You got your answer to change your password on the phone, however if you forget it, you're screwed. So write it down somewhere and place it somewhere you will know where to find it just in case of an emergency. That's all I was saying. No need to get offended

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Not offended, but frustrated. This is exactly what I was told not to do by security people. I do know people who have had trouble with finger print scanner, my daughter for example. And have been locked out of phone. Android device manage offers the PW change on phones but doesn't work on S7. Verizon says see Samsung dealer. So stuck with a factory reset if she ever wants to use finger print again. I just don't understand if you can bypass with google account and password why you cant reset it. You have already confirmed it is your phone and are already in the phone. The only thing it won't let you do is chnage password.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Do you have another device like a tablet. I use a password manager over more than one device then if I forget a password for one device I can look it up on another.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
android device manager works on the s7, samsungs find my mobile does not, i just tried device manager on my tablet and it worked just fine

Last edited:

Steve L5

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been researching this for hours and it appears there is no way to remotely unlock a Verizon galaxy S7 or now a galaxy S6 with the 6.0 update. Android device manager does not work; Once you input the new password it will give you a message saying that there is already a password on the phone so the new password will not work. Android device manager only works to install a password if there is not already a password on your phone because the purpose is to secure your phone if it is lost. Apparently android device manager used to Be able to override a phone password, but no longer. And Verizon has chosen not to include Samsung Find My Phone remote controls in the security settings. Verizon please fix this.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

I do have a password manager. I suggested that to my daughter hopefully she takes my advice and uses one in the future. Add of now unless Samsung dealer does something for her she will have to backup and reset.

Rahul Ali1

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

I was wondering if there is a way to use Samsung find my mobile to change password like on the S7 using find my mobile? And where is find my mobile on the phone? I can't find it to activate it. Any help is appreciated. I am not locked out and I know I can get in using google account and password. But I am worried I could forget a password.