Why does my Google search not respond on the Internet on my Galaxy S7 Edge?

A

AC Question

why does my Google search not respond on the Internet on my galaxy s7 edge?

google is my default search engine. if i search in the top bar that you enter Web address into, Google will search what i typed. but if i type in Google, then type the search into googles search bar and hit the search icon it will do nothing. not even try to load. anyone have any idea why?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify if you're using the browser (either Chrome or the stock browser) to do the search, or the Google app? They're not the same thing.

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue as well. Very strange. It happens using the Samsung Internet Browser on my Verizon S7E (not Chrome). I find that for searches to work I have to type into the top address bar, not the Google Search bar within the Google home page. If I type into the Google Search bar, nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I tried searching for anyone with a similar issue, but I didn't find anything, until this thread. Obviously not a major issue as I just type my searches into the top address bar and it works, but a curiosity for sure.

Jesse De La Rosa

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify if you're using the browser (either Chrome or the stock browser) to do the search, or the Google app? They're not the same thing.

I am having the same issue. It only happens when i use the google search app. Searching works normally on chrome browser.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Google, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.

Jigsie33

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm now having this issue with my S7E, but do not have the clear cache option on the app so i cleared the cache partition like you suggested with no improvement. any other suggestions?:'(

Eric Schrepel

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
Clearing caches didn't work on my S6 either, though if you want to try clearing the Google cache, here are the more accurate steps: Settings -> Apps -> Application Manager -> Google -> Storage -> Clear Cache

Pretty annoying that the main search widget on this phone broke after whatever most recent OS update.

CappyC

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
VZW, Galaxy S7, doubling and tripling voice to text on Message+ and FB, somewhat I/M and totally obnoxious. Started about 4-6 months ago and 3 updates since it is still here. App cache cleared, Partition Cache cleared - nada. Language & Inputs settings have text to speech settings, but nothing about speech or voice to text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante