Top microphone

tboy72

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my S7 and thinking the little hole at the top was the tray for the SD and simple card, I pushed it with the little tool Samsung gives you. Something definitely moved down, but it wasn't for the tray.

How can I test the top microphone to make sure it still works?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to make some calls, make some video calls and take some videos. If everything is OK then I wouldn't worry about it

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow.... I'd feel terrible. That is a bad thing to poke.

I'm guessing there is some sort of water resistance device in there you could have damaged.

Posted via the Android Central App

tboy72

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow.... I'd feel terrible. That is a bad thing to poke.

I'm guessing there is some sort of water resistance device in there you could have damaged.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, I'm not impressed with myself. I have to correct my post though. I poked the bottom little microphone hole. The top is where the sim tray is.

You're probably right. Since it's guaranteed to be water resistant, I'll have to submerge it and give it a test. If I wrecked the seal, they'll have to replace it right? Clearly the microphone works fine, because people hear me just fine on the phone.

tboy72

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Now I feel little better. I mean, I know my way around tech. That's just a really dumb move on my part. Do you notice anything wrong with your mic?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not impressed with myself. I have to correct my post though. I poked the bottom little microphone hole. The top is where the sim tray is.

You're probably right. Since it's guaranteed to be water resistant, I'll have to submerge it and give it a test. If I wrecked the seal, they'll have to replace it right? Clearly the microphone works fine, because people hear me just fine on the phone.

There is no warranty for water damage. I wouldn't test it out if it were my phone.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Just take a video and speak while covering up the bottom mic. If the sound is good on the replay then your fine. I read that the top mic is in some sort of L shape so you should be fine.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't test water proofing if I were you. If water ingress is found to be caused by damage to your phone caused by you, you won't be covered.

Just keep it out of water and be thankful the mic still works.

Jan Docekal

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, have done same stupid think, and couse the S7 has the hole at the top. The water resistance is important for me. Dont any has some knowledge if realy is the mic in L shape. Or some membran isnt there,I could penetrated. The mic works. Thank You

GoAwaySheep

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Lol. Well I wasn't going to admit it but I did the same stupid thing. It still works fine. I bet there are a lot more people that did that and aren't admitting it. 😀😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes