Contemplating S7 edge

A

AC Question

If i swing over from BB10 to Android, how close can I customise the S7 edge to replicate the Blackberry experience if at all possible.

Before anybody mentions going the Priv route, unfortunately thinks its over priced and under spec'd for that matter :(

Thanks in advance

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
What exactly do you want to replicate? I went from a Z30 to Passport then PRIV and now a Samsung S7 edge. Their is a bit of a learning curve but nothing drastic. Biggest things I miss are the hub and notification setup (not having to use a third party app) PRIV is a good phone that will get better when MM arrives (should have been priced lower yes I agree)

Posted via the Android Central App

tommytheb

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I to had the Z30 (amazing phone) and now have Passport SE. Unfortunately there's a few apps I need to assist in my work which aren't available on Blackberry, love the hub and notifications and calendar (Z30 keyboard was amazing) but just wonder how close you can get on S7.

Yes Priv looks good but it just wrankles that the S7 phone is far better spec'd phone for similar money.

Will MM make a huge difference to Priv?

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
MM seems to be going well for people testing it (better battery life and not getting as warm) check the PRIV forum as well. I do miss the keyboard as well (the swipe up feature for words was good, still learning on the S7) The PRIV is pretty much stock Android and gets monthly updates very quickly, unlike this phone so far. Both phones are nice and perform well.

Last edited:

tommytheb

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi marzfreerider, you mentioned updates with Priv and getting them regular, would a sim free S7 edge phone (carrier free in UK) get regular updates also or is Android generally slow in releasing updates.

Thanks in advance.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Usually they get the updates faster than those on a network. My S7 edge is still on its February build, and I don't have any idea of when it will be updated. At least with the PRIV, BlackBerry has said they will be doing security updates monthly and so far have been true to their word.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Overall I had a good experience with the PRIV. My biggest complaint was issues getting the SD card to work (wasn't as easy or smooth as BB10) MM is fixing the issue and I believe BlackBerry is putting a native file manager on it, so that should help

tommytheb

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Think I might order the S7 as then have 2 weeks to decide if its not for me, problem with Priv would be i've been spoilt with pk on Passport and Priv keyboard even looks cramped compared to 9900 I used to have.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
The keyboard was a little smaller yes but worked great, like all things you adapt. Either way good luck with whatever you choose. Imo you can't go wrong with either choice.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that a lot of former bb users have gotten used to on screen keyboards, and don't need to go back to the physical keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech