Mic not working for in-car calls via AUX on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, how can I get it working?

A

AC Question

Mic not working for in-car calls via AUX on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

I used to connect my iPhone 6/6s via aux cable and had seamless quality in-car, both for music and making/receiving calls. The same is not working after switching to Samsung S7 Edge. While the music plays and I can listen to the other person's voice on calls, the other person can't hear my voice at all. I assume there's some mic settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the aux cable you're using have 2 or 3 bands? If it has 3 bands, then it might have a microphone contact, which could be confusing the phone. Try an aux cable with only 2 bands (which would be for sound output from the phone only).

DrivinMyHome

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Mic not working for in-car calls via AUX on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

I used to connect my iPhone 6/6s via aux cable and had seamless quality in-car, both for music and making/receiving calls. The same is not working after switching to Samsung S7 Edge. While the music plays and I can listen to the other person's voice on calls, the other person can't hear my voice at all. I assume there's some mic settings.

I'm having this same problem. Anyone know of how the settings can be changed to allow the mic to pickup when an audio cable is attached? I had perfect functionality with the same setup on my S4, why is the S7 not capable of this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol