Blurry photos.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What are the conditions under which you're getting blurry photos? OIS doesn't guarantee a movement-free shot (it helps, but it won't completely get rid of hand shaking if it's too bad), especially if your subject is moving in a low-lit situation.

If you're shooting in Auto Mode, your camera will focus more on letting more light in than keeping things in motion blur-free (it helps that the pixels are larger because the shutter doesn't have to stay open that long to get more light). If your particular scene is not-so-well-lit and your subjects are moving, you can try either Pro Mode and play with the Exposure settings or try the Sports mode.

If you're still having issues with that, I'd probably have the phone checked out. I haven't had any issues in normal scenes even with moving subjects. Sure, my dog's face will be blurry in a night shot of him chasing after a ball, but it'll be perfectly clear in a daylight shot at the park.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, mostly the blurry pics are taking place in my living room with large windows open. Plenty of light. Maybe outdoors would be better. I have been experimenting with pro mode a bit and plan to dig deeper soon. Only had the phone a few days but hopefully can get it figured out.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If possible, you can post a few examples of what you're seeing and maybe we can help check if it's 'normal' or if it's something worth taking a closer look at.

When you're taking the picture, is it focusing properly? The autofocus on this thing in FAST. You should see it autofocus quite fast unless there's barely any light. Do you see this or does your phone struggle to focus? I ask this because, although I haven't seen reports of it on this model, I did read (and had one myself) cases where the Note 5 had a defect in the focusing mechanism that resulted in the phone having difficulty autofocusing and kept focusing on the wrong areas.