Extra Folders in Gallery

pfletcher7

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, first go with android..

When I open the Gallery on my S7 Edge, I get tons of folders that say that they have images in them, but nothing is actually in there. Any ideas on whats making them show up here?

Thanks

Screenshot_20160420-140502.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you use the SD Card elsewhere? That looks like either those files/folders are corrupted/damaged or that they're residual files from a different system/app/program. Have you tried re-formatting the SD Card (backing up what you have there first, of course)?

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
What format were those images saved in?

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. What Gallery shows you is what Media Scanner finds when you start the phone. 36QUIDWA.jpg will show as a jpg file, and appear in an "album" in Gallery (the album name is the folder name the file is in), but it could be a null file (nothing in it, just the name in the directory). If there's no file, it's not in any format. (It's like asking what language the information on a blank piece of paper is written in.)

pfletcher7

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Some were jpeg some were png. There was music with cover art, and it looks like it was picking up a few of those. Ended up formatting the SD Card and starting over. Thanks for the reply!

pfletcher7

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, there was some music and other things on the sd card and it looks like it was picking up some cover art and other various things. Ended up just formatting the card and starting over. Appreciate the help!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Some were jpeg some were png. There was music with cover art, and it looks like it was picking up a few of those. Ended up formatting the SD Card and starting over. Thanks for the reply!

Glad you got rid of those. If that happens again (Windows is especially keen on leaving these legacy extra thumbnail images in music folders) just add a ".nomedia" file. That way all media contents in that folder are ignored.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463